• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Electric start for Yamaha 25 3 cylinder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckslayer81

Reaction score
I have a 1999 Yamaha 25 3 cylinder. I won't to add electric start and I'm looking fo the flywheel. If anyone has one or knows where to get one please let me know. Thanks.

I was looking for a harder to find part for a Suzuki a couple of years back. At that time there were a couple of salvage companies from Australia selling parts on eBay. They had stores with a large inventory. At that time eBay wasn't quite so strict about you contacting the seller about items that wasn't listed and I messaged one and I had the part number. He contacted me right back and said he had one but it was pretty rough. If I wasn't in a terrible hurry he would come up with one fairly soon. He was good as he word and messaged me an about two weeks.

Now even though he had good feedback through eBay I was kinda apprehensive but I paid through PayPal and there was no problem. Sadly I lost his contact info. In a computer crash shortly after that. Now with some of the scams they run on there if it was much money at all it would be a last ditch effort but you may want to consider it. Those motors are fairly common over there.

laingsoutboards.com
1 800 463 9001

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Buckslayer81 said:
I have a 1999 Yamaha 25 3 cylinder. I won't to add electric start and I'm looking fo the flywheel. If anyone has one or knows where to get one please let me know. Thanks.

That motor was never offered as an electric start version, so you'll have to revise your searching. IIRC, the 30hp 3 cylinder motors' flywheel would work. But that's not all...to do a 'proper' electric start conversion, you'll need the stator, wiring harness, regulator, relay, starter, bracketry, etc.

This is a very common issue....and those parts aren't going to be easy to find because of it. The boat racers love that motor (25 3 cyl) but if it requires more than one yank of the rope, you'll wear yourself out trying to start it....which is why 'everyone' wants to change to electric start. It's also why that motor wasn't all that popular in the 90's/2000's--no electric start. They were real popular here, where ducks fly by the millions in the fall/winter, but outside this general area, they more or less flopped, so they quit making them.

Have you tried hydrotec marine out of Missouri? They might have some.

Latest posts