Bucks County Lake 6-12-11

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Got out for a few hours this morning early. Missed two smallies and landed on thick and heavy pickerel

Got some blood on the deck

Reaction Innovations Trixie Shark!

NockoPickerel6-12-11003.jpg

NockoPickerel6-12-11001.jpg

NockoPickerel6-12-11002.jpg

So that's what it was like out this morning. I had my alarm set for 4, just didn't quite make it out of bed at that time. Finally a pickerel out of there. It's about time, Nice job =D>

Nice job.
You ever eat them pickerel?
Other then bass,any trout species cohabitate with them in smaller lakes?
Up here between people moving them around and spring floods there taking over most of our bodies of water.
Our native species is brook troutand atlantic salmon and they aren't handling smallies or pickerel to well.
I bet in acouple years it will be a catch a kill policy on the pickerel(up here),it's to late though;smallies and trout will live together;somewhat.
Sorry for my rant,just hate to see my Provinces fish disappear(brookie).

Zum said:
Nice job.
You ever eat them pickerel?
Other then bass,any trout species cohabitate with them in smaller lakes?
Up here between people moving them around and spring floods there taking over most of our bodies of water.
Our native species is brook troutand atlantic salmon and they aren't handling smallies or pickerel to well.
I bet in acouple years it will be a catch a kill policy on the pickerel(up here),it's to late though;smallies and trout will live together;somewhat.
Sorry for my rant,just hate to see my Provinces fish disappear(brookie).

None of the lakes near me are really trout water - we have a lot of Class A trout streams to the North but these are warm water fish lakes. Pickerel are actually rather sparse, lots of bass and pan fish and cat fish in most.

This lake has Crappie (white and black) perch 9yellow and white) striped bass, hybrid striped bass, channel cats, assorted pan fish, smallmouth and largemouth, and pure and hybrid muskies

There are occasional reports of a trout or two but they are likely washouts from stocked streams

WELL I WENTOUT AND TROLLED AROUND A BUNCH OF JET SKIS THIS WEEKEND :evil: AND ALL I CAME UP WITH 2 CHANNEL CATS, GOT SLIME IN THE BOAT, NOTHING IN THE COOLER, THE OLD LADY GOT SUN BURNT AND CAUGHT UP ON HER SLEEP... BUT THE BOAT RAN GOOD, PLAYED WITH THE NEW FISH FINDER SO I CANT COMPLAIN :D

Good job capt. I didn't know there were picks in bucks co. Always nice to get blood on the new floors! :beer:

bAcKpAiN said:
Good job capt. I didn't know there were picks in bucks co. Always nice to get blood on the new floors! :beer:

They are around in a few lakes and, of course, they are in the river as well. Just not in great numbers. Every year I get a few and they are always big

Latest posts