Questionable tourney weigh in.... Help please

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cali27

Reaction score
Hey guys, yesterday my club had a tournament on little lake in Port Severn Ontario. When it came to weigh in, we found that the big scale that we usually use was no working. The tournament director just happened to be absent for this tourney so it took a while to decide how we were going to do it. We ended up using mesh transfer bags and a Berkley hand held scale.

My partner and I weighed in first, there were only 3 of the mesh bags shared by the 11 boats. Here is my question. Could the last teams that weighed in have a few extra ounces because of fish slime etc. The guy in charge was not weighing the bags empty after each team weighed.

I only ask because we finished third with 14lb 9oz and second had 14lb 10oz and first who had 14lb 11oz. The first and second place team were among the last to weigh in.

Is it worth mentioning to the tourney director or do I sound like a sore looser??

Here is our first cull of the day

9a14cf99.jpg

to be honest it sounds like sour grapes.. SORRY
these were mesh bags ? so no water weight would be added? fish slim would not be an issue.
I am the tournament director for the ABA here in Pa and i check the scale before i leave the house to be sure it is working
but congrats on the nice bag of fish anyway.
We had a rule that states any protest must be in writing within 15 mins of the scales being closed
so if this was our event calling me the next days would have no affect

yeah I'm sorry
I alway use the same bag to weigh every bag of fish i also turn the bag over and shake it out to remove water I add a bottle of water before i start to get the bag wet so everyone has the same bag weight to start

I don't think the little slim that would have accumulated on the bags would have made a difference. It was probably just a coincadence that it happened that way.

As RedBug mentioned. Some of the smaller tx's I run on Sunday mornings we have a rule that after 15 minutes of the last fish being weighed everything will be final.

BTW, Congrats on your nice bag and boy that was a good cull.

Listen to Mr. redbug, Thats a nice chunk you got there, Congrats on the 3rd place win, boy that was close!!!

Latest posts