bass in the Philippines

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Reaction score
sharing a few fishing pics

405.jpg

391.jpg

382.jpg

317.jpg

037.jpg

035.jpg

032.jpg

027.jpg

here's my bro-in-law with his first ever lure caught fish...........
031.jpg

Very nice stuff - I bet there are some monsters there (imagine if people released some - WOW)

With your climate you could probably get a world record pretty fast

great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I've always been fascinated by rod & reel fishing in other countries.
Would love to drop a line in some foreign lake with no clue what species are in there. Seems like largemouth bass are universal though, huh?

Captain Ahab said:
Very nice stuff - I bet there are some monsters there (imagine if people released some - WOW)

With your climate you could probably get a world record pretty fast

we do practice catch and release, i strictly follow a self imposed 5 bag limit. my group is also trying to educate more anglers about the long term benefits of conserving our fisheries and we seem to be gaining a little ground. but the biggest hurdle for us is poverty. subsistence/commercial fishing far exceeds recreational fishing. poor fisherfolk try to earn as much as they can and really put tremendous pressure on the fish population. so fishing productivity has siginificantly dropped over the years. older anglers recount monster encounters and show us faded photos, but all we catch now are dinks compared to what they caught before. check out my local fishing forum to see what else we are catchinghttps://filipinoanglers.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=68

Pantabangan lake has the record potential. it has abundant baitfish, clean deep waters, and huge surface area. however, local fishermen harvest them by the ton on a daily basis. the governement isn't doing anything because the bass are considered invasive. 3-4lbs is the usual size......my personal record is only 5lbs. the local sportfishing record is only around 12lbs. the biggest bass i ever saw was 14lbs, caught by a fisherman's net. there are some unconfirmed reports of bass exceeding 20lbs that were sold at a fish market, but it's not reliable.

Latest posts