we have yellow perch in georgia???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan1552

Reaction score
caught this yesterday on a small blue and white medium depth crankbait in 4 to 8 feet along shoreline in lake oliver ..
im from texas , and stationed at benning.. never seen one of these in the south.. wife is from michigan on lake huron .. they catch them there .. thought they were from the north.

Attachments

• lake oliver dec 21 2013 12 in yellow perch.jpg
    lake oliver dec 21 2013 12 in yellow perch.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 1,158
I just learned last week from a post on another board that they are in Ky Lake now. They are considered an invasive species by most. Can't be nearly as bad as these dang Asian Carp we now have almost every where.

They are in many lakes and rivers in GA

Perch are one of the best tasting fish you can catch, they are a member of the walleye family. Do you have walleye that far south? I have not had the chance to fish south of Hickory NC where my step son and his family live.

ive only seen 1 it was caught out of lanier by my mom fishing with a worm and bobber. id like to try to catch some and see exactly how tasty they are

they were illegally introduced into the tallapoosa river chain in alabama as well. my mom has caught a few cork and worm fishing as well.

Latest posts