Personal Best

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Got three rainbow trout today including a 5.6 pounder. That is a personal best for me. Trolling 30' deep at 2.7mph. Caught the big one on a pink/orange Honeybee, which is a new lure to me. I had seen some videos showing the lure actions at various speeds. These can be trolled fast which fits my style of fishing. Last week I caught a 2.5 lb rainbow using a purple/pink Honeybee, so was kind of optimistic. Paid off.

5.6 lbs Cam 5-20.jpg
IMG_2611.jpg

handyandy said:
nice trout that should have put a good bend in the pole.

As a matter of fact I caught it on a 7 1/2' fiberglass kokanee rod which is kid of like a noodle. It was a fun catch. Fish was airborne several times. Every time he jumped I was worried it was going to shake the hook. Took a while but I got him in the net.

sounds like a rush, I know when my wife and I were in montana on our honey moon last fall she caught a 22" brown in a lake we trolled I had never caught a larger trout before. Was a lot of fun at first it didn't fight much but when it got close enough to see the boat it took off drag zinging drag a few times. Same thing happened when I hooked into a decent rainbow around 20". The big ones fight pretty well.

Way to go man. Looks like a rainbow hen.
I have been able to catch a lot of good rainbows, and tear up some equipment, but I have yet to break the 5 pound barrier.

Thanks! I'm going a little nuts because I haven't been able to get out as much as I would like. Too many house projects, etc getting in the way. Also the last few days have been 100+ deg's.

Early next week is looking good.

Latest posts