Affordable baitcasting reel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbarbee

Reaction score
I need some advice about an affordable but quality built baitcasting reels that won't cost me an arm and leg. I've been out of the loop for a while but I'm wanting a new baitcaster. Can't believe how expensive these things have gotten...Any advice would be great!!

Bass Pro has some really good sub $100 models and Abu Garcia has a Revo S at $129. I wouldn't recommend trying to find one too cheap, as it will be harder to learn on, and you will have a lot of birdsnests which will discourage you from baitcasters.

https://www.basspro.com/Abu-Garcia-Revo&153;-S-LowProfile-Baitcast-Reel/product/84683/-1303266

I own 2 of these. Great reals for the price. 5 stars on almost 40 reviews doesn't lie. As far as the Revo s goes, I don't have any personal exp with them but they have an even better rating on BPS.

https://www.basspro.com/Daiwa-Tierra-Baitcast-Reel/product/99685/-1408323

Anything bass pro makes. The tourney special combos are actually really nice, especially for the price. I used my buddy's last summer and I was surprised how smooth it is.

I wasn't sold on BPS reels but I ended up picking up a BPS Pro Qualifier. Nice reel! It surprised me...it's well built and very smooth. So far it taken everything I've thrown at it. I may just pick up another!
Thanks for all the feedback!!

Lew's Speed Spool Reels super sweet prices for a quality reel and super smooth cast-ability................................JIGGY

I'd have to throw a recommendation for the BPS Extreme. I have had one for quite a few years now, and can't kill the dang thing. I'd like to replace the thing, as it isn't quite the up to the level of some of my more costly reels, but the dang thing won't die, and does a fine enough job that I cannot justify replacing it. For that reason, I absolutely hate the reel, but when you get right down to it, the reel is very durable, and while it isn't up to the caliber of something in the $200 range, for the money, it does do a very fine job.

Latest posts