First report of the new forum. I win!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
Ha, a Soufer gets the first report in. :lol:

Managed to hook 12 rainbows on Sunday, two being about the size of the one pictured, and the remainder in the 7-10" range.

I lost, in the hole, what would have easily surpassed my PB rainbow of 22.5". Didn't realize how big the thing was, until I saw it come past the hole, and then I about flipped. Once I got it's head in the hole, it certainly would have taken both hands to grab it around the neck. Snapped it off with it's head just barely out of the hole.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 91
We had 8 inches on Johnson lake in Kasilof, Alaska. Johnson is a fairly small lake (few acres), only about 8 feet deep, which has no creeks entering or leaving it, and no warmwater springs below it, so I've been told it has safe ice sooner than anywhere else in the area (Kenai Peninsula, Alaska).

Boooo! Alaska is cheating! :lol: I think you get far enough north up there and water doesn't even bother to thaw..

Nicely done, Bassboy1! =D>

Yea man.. i got a brother in Nikiski AK.. my nephews have been out hittin the ice already too..

Canoeman said:
Yea man.. i got a brother in Nikiski AK.. my nephews have been out hittin the ice already too..
Well durn. He isn't but just a stones throw up the road from here.

bassboy1 said:
Canoeman said:
Well durn. He isn't but just a stones throw up the road from here.

Yessir.. him and i drove up there in 92', I got on a couple of commercial fishing boats for 2 years and headed back in the spring of 95' and he got "onto" a wife.He has been up there since 92' and has 7 kids and teachin at Nikiski Highschool.

Ive been up a handful of times since.

Latest posts