What's your go-to equipment?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wihil

Reaction score
I've got two different setups I'm working on so far - my 2 man popup rig and a run and gun style sled for afterwork outtings. As soon as I get my deer hunting gear put up, I'll be starting on the RnG setup (watch for a new post on sled mods shortly).

What's everyone taking out with them?

Myself, I always end up taking out my: Marcum VX1P, Strikemaster Lazer, St. Croix rods, and Shimano/Schooley reels. The rest ends up being a combination of what I've got vs what my buddies have with them.

I almost always walk out because I don't have a truck or sled, I just pull a pelican toboggan behind me.

I have a 4 man pop-up, 3 combos (ugly stick with an ht reel, and 2 no-name rods + reels), buddy heater, humminbird ice 35 and my newest edition, an eskimo z51 shark.

I am currently looking into getting a new combo. Thinking of pairing a shimano sienna 500 with a fenwick rod

I can't wait to get onto the ice, this whole university thing is killing me!

I have multiple poles to mention. Seem I am testing poles back bone everytime I see some for sale. When find one with feel I like I get it. I would be lost with my Vexilar FL-20. I also have a underwater camera system, but do not use that much, it seems to tie me down to one hole to much I rather be moving around. If not moving it's just one more thing to get tangled in if hook big fish. Mostly I use it to check out area, drop it down hole to see structure, then pull it up. I have 2 ice augers a jIffy model 30's with 8" bit and Jiffy 31 with 10" bit. I use Garmin hand held gps to hit key structure area's I marked out in boat during summer and from previous icefishing trips. As for shacks I have a fish trap Scout pro & a Fish trap Voyager if have guest. Plus on key lakes and structures I fish I have couple homemade permy shacks I leave out.
Here's my ice rig:
0122101524.jpg

Here's my fishing buddies setup with out shack & stuff mounted on it:
Highsparks.jpg

Hardsides and ATV's, man I'm jealous. :D

Can't be done this year, but sooner or later I need to get either a wheeler or a sled. I don't take the car out onto the ice until there's at least 12" of good ice, so I get my exercise in more than I'd like. Would definitely get me to more places I'd like to be, though.

Latest posts