Finally got out there!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wihil

Reaction score
I went out earlier, but it was more like a search mission with more stabbing with the spud than fishing.

Tried to meet a couple buddy out on the big lake earlier in the day but got called in to work, so didn't make it out until the afternoon. Solid 6" of ice out, more than a few cars/trucks at the launch (they were all the way out to the county road!), with a lot of 4 wheelers and sleds out.

Did the ol' 5 gallon pail and hand auger as it was a hike over to meet my friends, had a great time. Lots of noise from the ice, though, bite was strongest with sundown. Caught only a few nice 9-11" perch, but more than 4x that with dinks. Everything went back in, much to the complaining of a friend ("how can you let that go! Man, that's good eating!"). :lol:

I'm telling you, boys, offset auger handles are the shiznit. I thought the drill was fast (it still is fast), but those offset handles really get that auger going. Had two holes punched before one of the guys even got his Eskimo started.

All in all, man it was good to be back on the water - er, ice.

wihil ... I've got a feeling that you were fishing the same area as I was this weekend. Winnebago County boat landing? If so, maybe we will run into each other out there. Good luck and stay warm and dry.

I have a couple reports in the "ice fishing" forum.

HANGEYE

Yup, over at CtyA launch.

Good to see another Tinboat member over on Winnie! I need to make it back out again, it's killing me. :lol: Hopefully we get a chance to meet up sometime, otherwise stay dry yourself! Too many goofballs already through the ice around here...

Latest posts