LED Flounder Wading Light Stick (Pics)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun86

Reaction score
After catching a flounder on a pole the other day, gigging my first last month, (tasty), and watching guys flounder all night long with generators and lights that seem to come from Yankee stadium I've decided to get my piece of the pie. Since my boat is a deep v with the spot up front gigging from it isn't ideal. But the water around the house and in the bay is SHALLOW. So I'll wade in the water. Wade..

My tool of choice for this venture is a LED Flounder Light made by SeaLark off the Gulf Coast Fishing Connection forum. This fella machined the end cap, and the lamp cap, shimmed it as well. It is some serious pvc. The battery is a 12v similar to what is found in a deer feeder, or alarm box. Since it's LED I believe it will pull around 1ah and was told this particular MR16 bulb emits around 4-500 lumens. Thats a lot consider what I was told it draws so I'll see for myself, hopefully tonight. Pics!

Anyone looking for one of these send a pm and I'll help you get in touch with the fella. By far this nicest homemade/machine shop made light stick for the price. $60. Batteries are $20-$30. Though a Phannie pack is priceless. Still haven't found one to hold the batt. #-o

Attachments

• batt.jpg
    batt.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 5,017
  • f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5,017
  • f3.jpeg
    f3.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 5,017
  • f12.jpg
    f12.jpg
    876 KB · Views: 5,017
  • f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    906.5 KB · Views: 5,017
Here are some pics of flounder boat setups.

Attachments

• gigboat.jpg
    gigboat.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 4,997
  • gigboat2.jpeg
    gigboat2.jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 4,997
  • gibgoat3.jpg
    gibgoat3.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 4,997
  • gig-behind-head.jpg
    gig-behind-head.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 4,997
I tried it out Friday night when I got home. 20 paces later I had dinner. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• flo1.JPG
    flo1.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 4,969
  • flo2.JPG
    flo2.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 4,969
[u said:
sixgun86 » 08 Jun 2012, 21:56"]After catching a flounder on a pole the other day, gigging my first last month, (tasty), and watching guys flounder all night long with generators and lights that seem to come from Yankee stadium I've decided to get my piece of the pie. Since my boat is a deep v with the spot up front gigging from it isn't ideal. But the water around the house and in the bay is SHALLOW. So I'll wade in the water. Wade..

My tool of choice for this venture is a
luci led Flounder Light made by SeaLark off the Gulf Coast Fishing Connection forum. This fella machined the end cap, and the lamp cap, shimmed it as well. It is some serious pvc. The battery is a 12v similar to what is found in a deer feeder, or alarm box. Since it's LED I believe it will pull around 1ah and was told this particular MR16 bulb emits around 4-500 lumens. Thats a lot consider what I was told it draws so I'll see for myself, hopefully tonight. Pics!

Anyone looking for one of these send a pm and I'll help you get in touch with the fella. By far this nicest homemade/machine shop made light stick for the price. $60. Batteries are $20-$30. Though a Phannie pack is priceless. Still haven't found one to hold the batt. #-o
[/u]
Thanks for your informative post. I really got a lot of info about lights. Thanks again for the pics you posted :)