How many rods do you keep on your boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

86tracker

Reaction score
How many rods do you keep rigged on your boat on average. I usually keep 4 and my father in law keeps four. I keep an old Zebco with a Texas rigged worm, 2 spinning reels - one with a swim jig and one with a hard swim bait/top water/something of the sort and my Abu bait caster with a jig and pig. Father in law keeps his random with no rhyme or reason and he only uses one per trip. I will guarantee every rod I have will get used every outing and most of the time I switch lures on every rod every time. Just wondering what y'all do.

Usually I have however many would be too many...and then like an extra 5. It always feels like I am surrounded by poles and hooks...but I upgraded boat size recently and got rid of some old stock...so hopefully this year will be better.

On the new boat I'll have 3 baitcasters and 3 spinning with different lures on each.

I usually keep 3-4 rods on board for me. I fished with a guy once (wannabe pro bass guy) who had a 22 ft ranger bass boat, 250 hp outboard and 24 rods on board just for him and everyone of them were rigged already, with spinnerbaits and buzzbaits. Maybe 2 rods were spinning rods, the rest all garcia baitcasters. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Tim

WAY TOO MANY!

Bet I have nearly 18 or so.

Hey...DON'T JUDGE.....you never know when you're going to need that extra rod or 8. :shock:

I usually have 8 onboard with me. 2 ML spinning finesse setups, 1 or 2 Medium baitcaster setups, and the rest MH BCs.
There are many times when I wish I had room for more, especially so when the bite is slow.

I carry a few rods I will have 10 to 12 rods rigged and ready in the rod locker
6 of them on the deck I always have a jig tied on as well as a frog in 2 sizes they wil be in the locker until I need them

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=347854#p347854 said:
fish devil » 4 minutes ago[/url]"]:twisted: Eight to ten baitcasters. Two spinning setups......

All left handed....now that's the way to go! 8)

two spinners two bait casters, sometimes a third baitcaster and spinner. my buddy usually brings aobut 8 and uses only one........... my boat looks like a a freaking rod/reel dispoal can.

Have a small boat with no rod locker so I only use six total. Two Medium Baitcasters, Two Medium-Light Baitcasters and two Medium Light Spinning. All left handed!

LarryMc said:
Have a small boat with no rod locker so I only use six total. Two Medium Baitcasters, Two Medium-Light Baitcasters and two Medium Light Spinning. All left handed!
And when I fish with him he has 3-4 more :) glad to see ya made it Larry !

I normally keep 5 0r 6 in the boat at a time but this is due to a lack of room in a 14ft v hull. When I fish with my dad in his Skeeter bass boat I normally carry eight. Some are backups rigged the same incase I break off and the fish are biting like crazy and the rest are rigged with the game plan for the day or at least what we think will work.

I keep 5 on my 16ft mod v. I fish alone in my boat but occasionally I'll fish a tournament with my buddy on his Z8 and he has at least 10 but keeps about 5 on deck. I'd probably have more but my boat doesn't have a rod locker so my old lady won't get to fuss about me buying more rod and reels.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398390275.211393.jpg

Im anywhere between 9 and 12 bait casters and a spinning reel. May have a zebco and a brim buster on board from time to time.

4 fly rods and 8 cartriges for the reels.full sink,floating weight forward,15 foot clear tips and midge tips.sometimes a couple spinning rods.

Currently running with 4 rigs and non of them less than heavy with the exception of a MH cranking rod. Sometimes I co-angle so I Keep it simple stupid.[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398473543376.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398473543376.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398473543376.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,421
With my old boat, I typically kept 5 on the deck (4 baitcasters and one spinning) and 3 in the locker (1 spinning, 1 baitcaster and 1 "I've had it" Zebco33). Currently boatless and backseating, I carry 3 (2 baitcasters and one spinning).

Latest posts