Steering wheel conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonedrake

Reaction score
I have a stick steer on my 40/30 Mercury jet now and I'm looking to add a console and convert to steering wheel. I still want the quick response that I get from the stick, if it's possible. The quickest steering kit I can find is three turns lock to lock. Is there any kits that are designed for jet boats with a faster lock to lock ? Thanks

While not all steering units are created equal you will not find any that equal a stick steer for response and speed of turning. So, like most every thing: you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Take the stick off your stick steer and attach a steering wheel. Might need a longer cable depending on where you have your console.

look up riverroad jet boats out of virginia they have a system on an out board jet where the motor doesnt turn and they adapt a steering nozzle at the back of the outboard jet ,me having a inboard jet ,and having owned several outboard jets the inboard steers way better hope this helps

Latest posts