1236 waverunner 801cc project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckj88

Reaction score
I have a few questions. The ski is a 01 yamaha xl800 I have already started to cut hull for drivetrain. I was wanting to get a general idea if you fellas think it will work. I have had the ski for years and has reverse as well as adjustable trim on handlebar. Is that enough boat for the powertrain? Should i go with a 14ft?

A 1236 would be a wild ride. It is a lot of work to get it up & running. I would put that work into a 14 footer minimum. Then you would have room for passengers/gear. You might also check with your DNR on how it needs to be registered. I was able to register mine as home-made.

I am building it for thrills. I have a 16ft i fish out of but just want a shallow water/ play around boat. It will take me a little time to build as i have to get chemo every 2 weeks. It will just be me as i like to be out on the water by myself ( nice way of saying i have no friends lol)

Well there is no rule says you have to run wide open throttle.

Power trim is a good deal, it is hard to forecast what thrust angle to place pump at.

If I was to start over, I would cut the jetski hull really long, i.e. include the keel up to up-rake.

If you have 100% flat bottom all the way to the intake, you will cavitate in the smallest of chop. Been there.

Latest posts