New mods in the works

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amk

Reaction score
Just sharing some recent upgrades. I upgraded motor from a 650 to 760 so basically went from 50 hp to 90 hp. Now I can run 38 mph empty 35 loaded where as before it was 30 empty 26 loaded.

Started to instal hydroturf just ordered a 46x86 sheet it wasn't enough but it's a start. The 3m glue that comes on it is good stuff I would definetly recommend getting the stuff with the adhesive on it.

Also since I have sponsons on the back I have to much weight forward so I made a seat for the back. I bought a 120 cooler and put two seats on top under the Lid of the cooler I had to put a 1"/12" pine to beef the lid up so the bolts would have something hard to distribute the torque across. Also beefed up hinges.

Once I get my hydroturf done and my lights rigged right I'll paint the rest of the boat olive drab green and maybe be done.... But probably not.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 2,827
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 2,827
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 2,827
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2,827
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 2,827
Combo cooler-seat - pretty crafty integration there!

I like the steering rectangle too.

Did you extend your trailer? I did 2' so the engine would sit above the axle.

Looks like you do some night fishing.

I run lines a lot and go hunting in it so I'm frequently out at night. Those light bars are good. I bought a plashlight brand which are kinda expensive I think next Time ima try an off brand. I didn't extend the trailer that jetski motor is significantly lighter than my outboard that I had and I haven't had any problems with welds cracking so far.

I like the hydro turf, probably alot easier to clean than carpet. Is that boat hull a true semi vee or does it turn into a flat bottom past the bow?

bnt5 said:
I like the hydro turf, probably alot easier to clean than carpet. Is that boat hull a true semi vee or does it turn into a flat bottom past the bow?

A "true" semi vee is flat.

that's what I thought but I don't know enough to discuss it. the back half of my boat was cut out and replaced with a .125 sheet aluminum that had the jet pump and etc welded to it.

More

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 2,735
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2,735
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 2,735
https://youtu.be/BBOwVrq4mzw

My exhaust is definetly out of the water

Pics I got a small pump leak but it ain't a prob it feels good to have have your boat running so well and looking better everyday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2,700
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2,700
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2,700
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 2,700
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,700
The obvious exit stream busting out to the left is a feature of the pump there is a smaller pin hole leak off the right you can notice in the first pic my off may lead to me fixing that

Just bought a power pole found a used one at a boat dealer for $650! These things are over double that new ill get some pics up adap when I get it on.

amk said:
The obvious exit stream busting out to the left is a feature of the pump there is a smaller pin hole leak off the right you can notice in the first pic my off may lead to me fixing that

My pump has that same exit port. I routed mine to a QC fitting on the deck, with a coil hose and spray nozzle, so I can wash down my deck...as long as the boat is moving along, so there's pressure at the fitting. At idle, it won't do much.

Finally got all the hydroturf installed. Next im going to get a rail welded around the back so people sitting on the cooler seat have something to hold on too. With the constant raining the river has been high and muddy. Not much fun to ride when it's like this but we need the rain.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,001
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,001
I'm from Wisconsin and don't see many craft like yours, but it sure looks rugged, fast, and utilitarian. How heavy is it, do you think?

( I think I'd try to do things I should not try if I had a boat like that. #-o )

Nice work. =D>

Its pretty light the boat is riveted mostly. Its a alumacraft 1648 sierra. I had a 20hp 4 stoke Yamaha on it originally but took out the lower unit so I decided that nonsense was for the birds. Now it has a 90 jet which is probably 100 pounds lighter anyway. the float pods on the back make the draft ridiculous. whats not shown is in that cooler on the back is two 18 wheeler batteries probably 50-60 lbs a piece two regular batteries below deck, two 6 gallon gas tanks on top and 2 six gallon tanks below which is the only reason the back is squatting the little that it is. I actually have to put weight in the boat when I run 1-2 people so its not so squirrely to drive. It'll run all day 35mph and can hit 38 in good conditions and push 40 when I run down river when its up. Its definetly turned out better than I could of imagined before it was built.

Not sure what you mean exactly the steering wheel came off a boston whaler rage. That boat had a Yamaha 650 jet in it which I had previously before I put the new 760 in. The throttle lever is off of a Honda rancher 4 wheeler and the kill switch is also mounted on the steering wheel just came off the 760 donor ski. It all works lol I like the stainless square sterring wheel or else it would be painted to.

Latest posts