Trim nozzles and trim tabs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bx10

Reaction score
I got spoon built and tested it out I went heavy cavitation not being able to over 5mph to now I got it up to 35mph but I am it's statting to bounce bad after anything more than 20mph I have tryed may trim nozzle each way plus are they supposed to case spray back I'm getting alot spray back into my boat. I was also wondering what's a good starting length on a trim tab

I know ZERO about jets. I know a little about Smart Tabs. (Trim tabs) if that is what you are asking about.

I guess if I were going to build my own ( I won't)...I'd just look at their website and take down the suggested sizes for various boats and horsepowers.

When I bought my first pair, I screwed up on the size of the gas struts. They (Nauticus)... the manufacturer swapped them out for me at no cost.

richg99

https://nauticusinc.com/smart-tabs-sx/

on jet skis they have ride plates engineered at the precise degree that provides lift to the back of the boat to eliminate porposing youll have to design one i had the same issue so dont get discouraged,there are alot of guys on here who come up with different solutions that work well almost every time , i have pictures of my on my rhino jet build post if you need any more info just contact me, hope my pics help

So pics of the layout of my boat I have the ride plate on it I'm not sure that it's on the right angle cause that a differnt nozzle the motor is 3 cylinder 1000 tigershark motor besides that just the gas tank and a battery in the back

Attachments

• 20160917_132558.jpg
    20160917_132558.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,122
  • 20160917_132558.jpg
    20160917_132558.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,122
  • 20160917_132606.jpg
    20160917_132606.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 2,122
I was going to build a seat n live well onto my center consle think that passenger weight would balance it out. I want to put the gas tank and battery up fornt but my whole front deck it sub framed in with foam pods so I be a pain to cut it open

If I cant get it the thing right I was going to down size the motor thinking about getting a seadoo n actually putting part of the hull in it so everything is right. I made everything out of aluminum on mine boat. 1/4 throttle almost 30mph Im so close to getting it right I wanna know how it will go. I want to whole build thread on my boat sence it's my frist time and not know if it even work I was going to wait intill I had it right. I dI'd want to point other in the wrong way

Latest posts