1660 Sea Ark

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucescoflathead

Reaction score
Thinking this will be my next boat. I want a tiller motor. Anyone running a 1660 JVT? If so what motor are you running on it? My plan is to buy one with a floor, front deck storage, and a couple seat bases up front. I may also go with a bait well on the side. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Todd

I love my 1660 with 60/40 merc.

Attachments

• IMG_0977.JPG
    IMG_0977.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,779
  • IMG_0964 (320x240).jpg
    IMG_0964 (320x240).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,779
I think they're are better boats for the kind of money seark's cost, but that's just me. They're not bad boats, but you'll see a lot better performance from a non tunnel hull. About all the 1660 can hold on the back due to weight mostly is a 60/40. The 1660 works with a 60/40, but a 60/40 can only push so much. I know cause I'm running a 60/40 a little more powerful one than a new four stroke on a flat bottom no tunnel 1654. It works well for what I need it to do, but it has it's limits. I couldn't imagine my boat with a tunnel which on smaller boats with smaller obj tends to hurt performance. If you absolutely need a tunnel hull I'd say go for a larger boat with a larger motor.

Everybody think there rig are better than the other person's if you run rivers with big rocks in the middle you will like that motor flush with the bottom of the boat mine run 26 mph with 2 big guy and gets on plane in a short time I have a friend with a 1656 a 65 40 2 stroke runs the same speed but drinks the gas I bough mine new for 16,200 set up as shown

don't take comments personally I wasn't knocking your boat. My biggest point was if you don't need a tunnel I wouldn't get one cause it will sacrifice some speed is all. If you need one cause of your waters you run get one. Glad you got a deal on the sea ark, my point is from what I've seen what most dealers want for them you can go to custom builders and get a similar hull that is thicker and tougher. I now know two people personally with boats from uncle j boats out of louisiana I have been very impressed with considering the cost.

Anyways weight your options really think about where and how your going to use the boat to figure out what you really need what I like and need and what others like and need are most likely different than what you like and need. Don't rush buying a boat, sometimes it's worth it especially on a big purchase like a boat to be patient for a used deal, and sometimes it pays to buy once cry once. Before my current boat I had two other boats, and wish I had gotten something like what I have now from the get go, but I did learn a lot on first boats. Where abouts do you live? if your not far I certainly don't mind giving test ride, try out some boats first if you can or haven't yet.

Latest posts