'94 Mercury 60/45 jet question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwh7399

Reaction score
I have a '94 60/45 jet that I haven't used on the river that it was set up for in many years. I've been lake fishing and the weeds have been killing me. Is it possible to put a regular lower unit on this? It seems like it would be relatively straight forward, but I don't know how the regular lower shifts into forward and reverse. Thanks in advance for the help!

Jon

Seems to me it would be easier just to sell the motor & buy different one. You should get a good price for your jet.

I assume yours is a factory jet? Theoretically, it is possible, but you would have to find the correct lower unit and shaft length, which may be a problem since yours outboard is probably a 15" short shaft if it is a factory setup. If you can find the right stuff, go for it because then you would be able to swap them whenever you want, but I believe it will be difficult, if not impossible, to find what you need to convert it if it is a factory jet outboard. The other reply is correct that it may be easier to sell you motor and find a replacement, though my suggestion would be just to get another boat all together for the lake and keep your river boat for when you eventually decide to head back to the rivers!

Latest posts