Front Deck Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pbw said:
I think tonight or tomorrow morning in true redneck style I'll take the boat to pickup the plywood. :lol:
Have I ever posted this picture??
HPIM0919.jpg

We were on vacation at the vacation house my mothers cousin owns, so we always try to do a bit for the house while we are there. Well, we come back from fishing, and couldn't get in the driveway, cause mom had gone overboard with the pruners. Seeing as we were on vacation, we didn't have the truck....

LOL...bassboy that reminds me of when I was moving last summer..It was our last trip from the old house to the new. I loaded up the boat with all my tools from the garage, battery charger, and assorted other crap. I had the bed of the truck loaded down as well. It was like bill dance met the clampets. Also i loaded up our 2 cats in cardboard boxes and put them in the xtended cab..I started the trip and the cats were screaming bloody murder...Thats when i heard it, the shredding of card board..one of the cats was tearing, chewing threw the card board box...I was like holy crap that cat is going to get out and eat me alive....So i was reaching back trying to console the cat, and keep her head shoved in the box all while driving. The next thing i know she was in the passenger seat. Thank the lord she calmed down and just road with me..I thought for sure I was going off the road with a cat stuck to my head...

Waterwings said:
pbw,

any progress on the front deck to share with us? :)

(guys, I'm thinking he's getting the deck laid, carpeted, etc, and gonna post a really cool completed deck pic) :-k

I wish :eek: It hasn't stopping raining here yet! Been raining all weekend! I need it to to stop for a view few minutes so I can run to lowes to get plywood and carpet.

I'm getting antys i've been cleaning and sorting my tools.

Pouring-down rain here also at the moment. I was at Tom Wallace Park (Fairdale) yesterday with some students for a competition. Cold and rainy (off & on) most of the day. We left the school at 5:30 am and I finally got to my house at 5:30pm. A long day out in the cold and dampness.

mtnbasser,

We have cat that likes to go for rides. When we do along road trip he will sit on top of a cooler or suitcase and watch out the windows. He'll yowl like all get out taking him to the truck but once in he likes it. The female isn't real fond of traveling though. She just crawls under something and hides for most of the trip.

I wish it would rain here. :cry:
Sprinkled for a bit today, but that is the extent of it. 'twas 80 degrees this past Sunday.

Waterwings said:
bassboy1 said:
I wish it would rain here. :cry:
Sprinkled for a bit today, but that is the extent of it. 'twas 80 degrees this past Sunday.

80 degrees! :shock: . Still drizzling rain here off & on, but the temp did reach 49! :)
Earlier this week, our high was 40. Oh, I HATED that. now, we are back up in the high 60s. Drizzling on and off here. We need a lot more though. We are short about 25 inches this year. My home lake, which is a large hydroelectric reservoir, is about 6 feet below winter pool, and winter pool is 17 feet below full pool. All the ramps were made to stop at winter pool, as the lake was never designed to go lower.

I drank some redbull!

Got my template made yesterday, had some other things I had to work on after that. Today I hope to start cutting plywood.

I'm back in action in the garage.....

First I made a template using OSB board its cheap and its same thickness as my plywood.

normal_IMG_16481618resize.JPG

normal_IMG_16491619resize.JPG

Then using my OSB template I transfered the design onto my ext. pin 3/4 plywood.

normal_IMG_16581628resize.JPG

Then I put back on all my safety equipment... glasses, ear plugs, and a lucky Cubs hat.

normal_IMG_16541624resize.JPG

Cutting was done with jig saw....

normal_IMG_16611631resize.JPG

normal_IMG_16591629resize.JPG

Then while checking for level I noticed my front step of alum on the boat is completely unlevel.
normal_IMG_16571627resize.JPG

Back out to the garage to finish the back piece.

Latest posts