1436 Jon project kinda done

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
Hey all, I posted a little early but, its to get feed back on some Ideas and your do's and Don'ts on my first Jon project. What I should stay away from and what I should really do. Maybe some help on a floor layout?

This is what I started with
DSC02502.jpg

boat10.jpg

what I ended up with
DSC02585.jpg

As you can see Its Cramped
DSC02587.jpg

This is where I left off before I had to stop do to health
boat3.jpg

There ya go. So if ya got the ideas or questions post'em.

I'm wanting to be all electric, and intrested in depth finder, live well or ice storage and storage. I'll start there :) [/url]

Great job on the paint. As far as other mods, storage, depth finder, etc. look at some of the other mods and pick out ideas that will work for you. This site has some great projects done or being done and there are others out there. Keep us updated on your progress and Good Luck!

alumacraftjoe said:
Great job on the paint. As far as other mods, storage, depth finder, etc. look at some of the other mods and pick out ideas that will work for you. This site has some great projects done or being done and there are others out there. Keep us updated on your progress and Good Luck!

Actually the last pic is the actual stage of the boat right now :cry:

So its a complete do over

I'm looking for Ideas on floor layouts and maybe some do's and don'ts

FishingBuds,
What type of fishing do you intend on doing out of it? For example, for a bass set-up, depending on the stability, I would probably deck out the front to the back of the front bench. I would also add a smaller deck in the back running from the transom to a little past the back bench. That would still give you some space to store gear off of the deck, i the middle. For a Cat set-up, I would probably leave it similar to the way it is, but maybe add some flooring to level the floor, a couple swivel seats, and some rod holders. For a combo of the two I would add the front decking and leave the rear of the boat open. I think your layout depends on what you intend on doing with it. Keep us posted.

I myself am a fan of the portable livewell that I have seen the guys use in the cartopper tournaments. Its a big white cooler with the aerator. It works well and you dont need to take it with you when you dont need it.

Or If you really want to get creative and build this in:

Toho-rig

One key to keeping the fish alive is fresh water the cooler the better.
on most bass boats they pump fresh water in every 3 to 5 mins. that keeps the oxygen levels up so be sure if you build one that your pump has a long hose and wires so you ca hang it over the side to full the live well with fresh water as often as you can.
this is not as important in the spring or fall when water temps are below 60

Wayne

nicdicarlo said:
FishingBuds,
What type of fishing do you intend on doing out of it? For example, for a bass set-up, depending on the stability, I would probably deck out the front to the back of the front bench. I would also add a smaller deck in the back running from the transom to a little past the back bench. That would still give you some space to store gear off of the deck, i the middle. For a Cat set-up, I would probably leave it similar to the way it is, but maybe add some flooring to level the floor, a couple swivel seats, and some rod holders. For a combo of the two I would add the front decking and leave the rear of the boat open. I think your layout depends on what you intend on doing with it. Keep us posted.

Yep it'd be Bass fishen and crappie(live well mainly for crappie).

I'm concern about stability for me and my son already have to be careful when I stand up, so add in a deck for up front, concerns me. I'm 230pds and my son is 110pds.

Well getting closer, Took my wish list and saved money (along with my Homey check) to Basspro this last weekend. :lol:

Picked up a bow mount MinnKota Endura 55# for $239 w/ a $60 mail in rebate :D
(I like)

Gotta HummingBird, seat mounts, on board bat/charger and a new flippen rod :p

Picked up the carpet yesterday, now gotta get started.

Been busy with issues lately-keepin me away from it. One of them is my darn computer crashed last thursday :x

FishingBuds said:
Well getting closer, Took my wish list and saved money (along with my Homey check) to Basspro this last weekend. :lol:

Picked up a bow mount MinnKota Endura 55# for $239 w/ a $60 mail in rebate :D
(I like)

Gotta HummingBird, seat mounts, on board bat/charger and a new flippen rod :p

Picked up the carpet yesterday, now gotta get started.

Been busy with issues lately-keepin me away from it. One of them is my darn computer crashed last thursday :x

Nice little shopping spree! :D

Well we prepped her
DSC03685.jpg

Painted it. It was army olive green, I got a little worried when I applied it, kind of limey for me but, it dried darker

DSC03687.jpg

DSC03686.jpg

Made me some realtree templates, it turned out ok, should,ve gotten a close up of it.
DSC03717.jpg

DSC03720.jpg

I've got more done but, I'll post it later :D

Latest posts