My First Build - 12' 40" Meyers Jon Boat (updated 5/24/2010)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
perchin said:
So..... Did you use the livewell, or just throw em in a bucket? :)

Livewell was too big for me. Sold it to a local for a little profit. I used the good old stringer! Thats what I was brought up on. I plan on making a cooler livewell soon, but much smaller.

Way to go man! Hard to complain whenever you show up to a lake for the first time and catch fish. Those crappie look good (beside the grits :D )

Sounds like the boat is working out good too. Seeing how you've experienced the "swamp" already, you are probably more aware of the possibility than some others. That must have been brutal.

Thanks for the update. Sounded like a good time with the new rig.

You look like that crappie just slapped you. :lol:

Nice job on the build and congrats on the fish.

Quackrstackr said:
You look like that crappie just slapped you. :lol:

Nice job on the build and congrats on the fish.

This was after my sister rear ended my trailer too. I wasnt that mad really just tired, but a few largemouths would have made me happier :LOL2: .

More Pics of the finished product minus the front seat cut out. Will probably do that this weekend to free up some more room for my foot control.

Attachments

• Pictures 020.jpg
    Pictures 020.jpg
    932.1 KB · Views: 2,890
  • Pictures 025.jpg
    Pictures 025.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 2,890
  • Pictures 028.jpg
    Pictures 028.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 2,890
  • Pictures 030.jpg
    Pictures 030.jpg
    699.7 KB · Views: 2,890
  • Pictures 035.jpg
    Pictures 035.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 2,890
  • Pictures 033.jpg
    Pictures 033.jpg
    924 KB · Views: 2,890
  • Pictures 034.jpg
    Pictures 034.jpg
    588.7 KB · Views: 2,890
  • Pictures 037.jpg
    Pictures 037.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 2,890
sounds like you might need new tubing - there might be a pinhole in it somewhere.

Other thing is make sure your seal around your tank lid is good - that's the other way air gets in

russ010 said:
sounds like you might need new tubing - there might be a pinhole in it somewhere.

Other thing is make sure your seal around your tank lid is good - that's the other way air gets in

Well it also got run all the way out of gas and then i leaned it over on its side which I think is what got the air bubble in there. The tubing is brand new. Should I just pull the lines and fill it with gas then reattach it or should I just empty the tank and lines and the refill it from empty?????

CHILLWILLATX said:
I didn't really get a good look at the motor... what is that thing? Also how did you atatch your seat pedistoles to the floor ?

Its a Tanaka 3hp gave $125 for it and it runs like a champ. I keep saying I want to get a bigger one but this one has served it purpose well. Uses no gas and gets me where I need to go, slowly.

I used #6 or #8 1 & 1/2" stainless steal screws right into the floor. Sorry I didnt see this sooner.

Few pics of me and my favorite fishing buddies.

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,915
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    851.3 KB · Views: 2,915
  • IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,915
  • IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 2,915
  • IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 2,915
Thanks Guys. It was a lot of work, but I learned so much about boats it was well worth it. Ended up getting $1400 for it so I was happy about that. The new owner loves it, and he will be fishing in smaller lakes so it suites him.