New from tampa!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey tinboat guys,
Names Hunter, i also have to admit to creeping around here a few days. I recently inherited 40+ year old V hull from my uncle with a 15 four stroke Rude. I have spent about 300 in motor work on a new power pack, impeller, and tuning etc. It was sitting in a hanger for 4 years while he lives in south caroline. It is a cadillac aluminum boat, i love it and want to make it as useable and nice as i can afford.
Some things i want to do and need all the help i can get are

Rebuild the deck, possibly longer but i need room for storage and want to build a cooler holder in it.
i would like to move the seat in front to the second row (have two seats there)
build a livewell
carpet the deck
repaint the boat

I need alot of advice with all this, i am learning as much as i can right now about the painting but will have many questions
here are some pics of its current state after a great deal of cleaning:

Attachments

• IMG_0560.JPG
    IMG_0560.JPG
    593 KB · Views: 876
  • IMG_0561.JPG
    IMG_0561.JPG
    674.3 KB · Views: 876
  • IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    1,004 KB · Views: 876
that boat has a lot of potential. i would put a floor in it for sure, but then the rest is up to you as far as little tweaks to get the boat perfect for your needs.

:WELCOME: aboard!!! Lots of good info around here. Painting should be a breeze, no paint to remove on her. Just rough up the surface and give it a good cleaning off with acetone, then use self etching primer to get started.

Hunter, Where abouts do u fish in Tampa? Im on the other side of the bridge. I fish mainly the coves and inlets on the intercoastal. I have fished old Tampa bay a few times with no luck.

Gary

Sure Boater, when ever your ready to go let me know. I usually fish early in the am to avoid the boat traffic, but I can do nights also. Where do you uaually lauch from? I usually launch from Pop Stansell Park because its small and free. Your singin my song in the way of fishing for trout, reds, snook I have fished for Shark but usually from shore.

I would defiantly want to take out out to the bay or somewhere salt water with you guys. Im not much of a saltwater fisher and need to go with someone who knows more than I and catch me a shark. :lol: I usually fish around tampa in lake carroll, keystone, tarpon, or the pond i live on. I also go to the river and use the boat ramp by McMullen Booth Rd.

Hunter, Whenever you want to do some saltwater fishing give me some notice and we'll set something up. Im not set up for shark fishing and not sure I want to be. I love throwing lures at specks and Reds, but I am perfectly fine putting a shrimp on a bobber and waiting. I will trade you sometime I'll take you out saltwater fishing if you take me bass fishing. I used to fish fresh water but was not very successful and got bored with it (high school). When I started fishing saltwater I never looked back.

Boater, I have a 1436 alumacraft and am perfectly happy with it. Now it is not something I will take the family out in but for a buddy and myself it is fine. I do really have to keep an eye on the wind because the boat will beat you to death. My trailer is the thing that need sthe most work but it is a work in progress.

Latest posts