Starting my mod (14ft alumacraft) - new pics 5/27

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alumacraftjoe

Reaction score
Started my modifications yesterday. This will be an ongoing project and I will post pictures as I go along. Just so you know I do not have a bunch of free time so this may be a drawn out process. Yesterday I removed fish finder, back seat, and the old flooring / carpeting.

Will post more pics after some more work. Going to try to get some stuff done during the evening this week, but most likely won't hit it too hard until the weekend! Wish me Luck!

Do you know around what year this boat is? There is one close to me thats for sale that looks very similar, except it has a heavily worn console and what looks to be somewhere aroung a 15horse motor. It had a 350 price tag on it back in the summer but has been sitting in the mans backyard for a while.

chrmayo said:
Do you know around what year this boat is? There is one close to me thats for sale that looks very similar, except it has a heavily worn console and what looks to be somewhere aroung a 15horse motor. It had a 350 price tag on it back in the summer but has been sitting in the mans backyard for a while.

And you didn't buy it WHY????

I would pay close to 350 for an Alumacraft 14 footer without a motor or trailer. Even as old as the late 40s. Where do you live? If close, you better watch out, or that would be in my driveway this weekend. :lol: :lol:

Its in west tn. It looks very similar to the one in this thread, but it looks as it may not be as deep along the sides. From what I can tell it isnt beat up or anything.

The year of the boat is 1976. Anyway I got a little more work done. Finished cleaning it all out Saturday. After going back and forth for a while I decided to paint it so on Sunday I primed it with self etching primer:
Jan282008005.jpg

My 4 yr. old daughter came down with the flu so I got a day off work today so my weekend painting project got an early start.
Jan282008007.jpg

Jan292008002.jpg

Should be able to get to the princeton white this weekend.

Really like what you are doing. What type of fishing do you do and where are you at (geographically speaking)

Good job on the paint! Did you spray, roll, or brush? That thing is going to look SWEET!

Really like what you are doing. What type of fishing do you do and where are you at (geographically speaking)

I fish mostly for bass, but will try for other species especially bluegill with my kids.

Good job on the paint! Did you spray, roll, or brush? That thing is going to look SWEET!
I sprayed the primer then rolled and brushed the rest. Did the first coat of white and will finish this weekend and post some more pictures. I also have somebody making replacement stickers for the old alumacraft ones I took off(they were shot).
Dec302007015.jpg

You should have made a template/stencil of the decal, that would be simple to paint on, and imo adds a nice touch. You could still make it with the pic you took actually.

jkbirocz said:
You should have made a template/stencil of the decal, that would be simple to paint on, and imo adds a nice touch. You could still make it with the pic you took actually.

I thought about that, but I tried to do that on a jon boat I painted before and I suck at it so I just took the picture and sent it to someone to make replacement decals.

Latest posts