12 Foot Jon Mod, Grumman model 1237.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Job Froggy!! A simple and tastefully done conversion.
Just what I'm thinking I need for our Electric only lakes around here.

just seeing how well your paint came out is making me itchy!! Im using the same paint only in Bay Grey. Im going for a grey and black theme on mine. Grey boat, carpet, and seats with black decals. Im having a pro paint mine thoug for FREE :mrgreen:

Did you just sand your factory paint or totally remove? I have sanded my whole boat, going to prime the whole thing on the outside, the inside is not getting painted as it will be covered. So all i need to do now is wash and wip down with spirits and and a tack cloth and paint. any suggestions?

also, did you paint the whole thing with the wagner? or just the top

Froggy said:
Definitly the Tack cloth Dixie, I just sanded it down, primed the bare areas, rinsed , tack cloth and painted.
alright, so you didnt prime the whole boat and it looks that good! amazing. sorry to ask again, but did you use the Wagner for the whole boat, or just the top? When i paint mine, i may be hitting you up...lol that green looks great, looks like a new boat! especially the inside. I just dont see a need to paint the whole entire thing. I will be painting the whole outsside and 1/4 way down on the inside and the entire are behind back bench and thats it. All the rest will be covered and I'm never selling it so that wont matter. The whole inside will be covered, even the sides.

No probs Dixie, I used the Wagner on the page 2 photo for everything, no brush touched the boat, its the best $ 70 I ever spend, stain the deck, etc lots of uses. My original paint stuck pretty goood though, no flaking, just some bare spots.

thanks froggy! i may do this so i dont ahve to deal with my body man as he can be slow at times. Id like to be able to say i done this whole boat bymyself (with help from you guys and frineds of course) as well.

thanks, i just hope its decent quaity or at least comparible to the wagner. Im going to get it

Just picked up my '91 Grumman 1448 today! I've been looking at a few posts but yours is just about what I'm thinking. Not a huge rebuild, just comfortable. I got the boat, a small trailer, trolling motor, and a '95 Evinrude 25 hp to push it around, all for a thou. I'll post pics when I figure out how. I have a ton of questions.
Can I use treated 2x2's, marine plywood? I know it's a slight bit heavier, but I'm only doing a 4" raised floor.
Where did you replace the flotation you lost in the center seat?
Did you sand down to bare metal?
Did you use acrylic enamel?
Did you screw the floor framing to the runners?
How did you do the wiring?
Do you have night running lights?

JRT,
No treated wood say the experts here and the wood and aluminum bracket manufacturers. You got a good deal. Good luck.

Latest posts