14' Semi V sea nymph

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gregk9 said:
Is the finished product gonna have the cooler's lid flush with the floor?

No..... I was going to originally make it flush but was getting flustered with the cooler hinge being able to open. so I just made it so the lid sticks up a lil in order for there to be clearance between the deck and lid in the fully opened position. I also though about making the cut-out larger for the clearance needed but thought that it might be a bit unsightly.

I better rethink my over the benches I tip the scale at 260 plus LOL I hope you are keeping a material list for me.

perchin said:
bucktaker said:
looking good I have the same boat a 1987 14r with 25 hp merc. Why did you remove the old benches do you have flex in the sides now?

I have future plans to deck mine over the benches and put hatches for storage. I am really interested in how yours turns out.

cool man, I removed the benches becuase I'm 196lbs. and fish with my wife so I don't want it to be top heavy :wink: There will be no flex when I'm done becuase it will be reinforced by the dark blue storage on each side (see below). I look forward to seeing yours.

bucktaker said:
I better rethink my over the benches I tip the scale at 260 plus LOL I hope you are keeping a material list for me.

I could probably come up with a list this weekend...... I hope my wife don't add up the total cost, as it don't seem like much untill added up....... :mrgreen:

Looking better and better!! Really like the way the transom was reinforced and your front deck is really starting to look great!

alanbird_87 said:
Looking better and better!! Really like the way the transom was reinforced and your front deck is really starting to look great!

Thanks, I can't wait to get it out fishing..... It's killing me that its raining here for the weekend. :twisted:

While it rained all day today I went to get some supplies to do my live-well. I picked up about $20.00 bucks worth of materials for the mod. I picked up a 600 GPH pump for $12.99, and some odds and ends for the plumbing. I got most of the plumbing done.

DSCN1815.JPG

DSCN1816.JPG

DSCN1818.JPG

Perchin, I am going to steelflex my v-hull also. Am I going to need a belt sander to pre-sand my boat or is a manual hand held sanding block enough? I spoke to Jerry at Fasco and I told him I already had a strong coat of paint on the bottom. He said to just sand the bottom a little, then acetone, then apply the steelflex. At the time I didn't ask him if I needed to belt sand it or if a quick manual sand is enough. ..? I thought I would ask you since you recently went through this....thx man

BottomDweller said:
Perchin, I am going to steelflex my v-hull also. Am I going to need a belt sander to pre-sand my boat or is a manual hand held sanding block enough? I spoke to Jerry at Fasco and I told him I already had a strong coat of paint on the bottom. He said to just sand the bottom a little, then acetone, then apply the steelflex. At the time I didn't ask him if I needed to belt sand it or if a quick manual sand is enough. ..? I thought I would ask you since you recently went through this....thx man

Manual sand is all you will need.

BottomDweller said:

You should be fine with giving it a once over by hand using either 60 or 80 grit. Seems like a high abrasive..... it is you want that stuff to grab hold of some grooves. Good luck man. 8)

Spent $43.00 on a 800 GPH Tsunami thru-hull live well pump today, and it came with the SS strainer. I'm not so sure this is a great deal, but after finding them online, and seeing the outrageous shipping prices, I decided to pay the extra $5 from the local marine shop. Oh yeah also there was a $2 thru-hull fitting in that 43 dollar total.

QUESTION.................
I'm going to be mounting the pump to the transom below the water line. So when the pump is not in operation will it still allow water to fill up the line past the pump and continue to fill the livewell??? I really hope not, if so I need a new plan [-o< . Thanks to anyone who can give me a definate answer. :?

I got it figured out............. if interested click below.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13725

Little more progress...... slow moving these days. Not enough time to fish, work, and work on the boat.

My wife got her hands dirty today helping me finish the front deck and carpet the main floor.
DSCN1824.JPG

DSCN1823.JPG

My wife installed her custom decals that she made today... :mrgreen:
DSCN1825.JPG

Well I got the front deck fully carpeted, the framing for my side storage done on both sides. Tomorrow it will be just framing the rear deck, and finishing up the side storage. My wife used trash bins for the inside of the front hatches and just cut the bottom of the bins to fit the contour of the boat. :)

DSCN1827.JPG

DSCN1826.JPG

DSCN1829.JPG

DSCN1834.JPG

And I thought I was tired after a long day... :lol: My dog fell asleep with her toy still in her mouth.
PICT1798.JPG

Was hoping to finish her off today, but ran out of rivets to fasten down the rest of my decking. :roll: Installed the Livewell pump, my wife put the last of the decals on the back.
Whatcha guys think?

DSCN1838.JPG

DSCN1839.JPG

DSCN1841.JPG

DSCN1840.JPG

Latest posts