14' Semi V sea nymph

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
incredible job there perchin....very nice aluminum work....what type of glue did you use to mount the carpet to the sides and floor..... =D>

Thanks guys...... The kind of glue used was this stuff. Its flor-craft brand, I got it from menard's for just under $13 for a gallon. I apply the glue with a notched trowel. Then use a laminate roller to smooth out the carpet.

DSCN1843.JPG

Queencitybassman said:
Wow man this mod is super clean and original if I thought i could pull it off i would have copied you haha congrats man

Thanks man. I think you would be surprised how easy it was.... cutting the angle in the 1/4" aluminum was what I thought was going to be hard but ended up being a cinch with a circ. saw. :D

I built the bow deck for the bow mount yesterday. I can't seem to figure out what this piece is though..... Is it a relief or something? Mount it fush or overhang it so that this can flip down???

spring loaded.JPG

down position.JPG

Got the fornt bow carpeted, trolling motor mounted, and all the plumbing done today...... I'll take some pictures in the morning as I'm just too tired tonight to go any further. :|

I've still got to pick up one more thing...... my bilge pump, but that's all!!!! Thank god too because this mod is getting a lil' expensive :shock: Here are the before mentioned pictures.

DSCN1850.JPG

DSCN1851.JPG

DSCN1852.JPG

DSCN1853.JPG

hey man that boat is amazing. i think its my favorite one on tinboats. i wish i could send you my boat and pay you to do the exact same thing. if you wouldnt mind could you explain a little how you mounted the bow mount trolling motor. i recently got one and i'm having a hard time deciding how to mount it. (i am not handy in the slightest bit) and your mount looked like it is something i could handle. thanks for any info you can provide. and again that boat is awesome, i'm in awe

i guess to clarify on that, how you made the platform and how you attatched it to the boat itself. thanks

Can you see the green portion of the bow light from the side? I wouldn't do too much night fishing if the waters you frequent are patrolled much.

njduquette said:
i guess to clarify on that, how you made the platform and how you attatched it to the boat itself. thanks

I did mine out of 1/4" aluminum plate, then riveted the carpeted plate to the gunwhales. The trolling motor mount only consisted of 4 holes to drill and bolt, so pretty easy. Hope this helps, I will go back through some of my pics and see if I have any of the process for ya.

njduquette said:
hey man that boat is amazing. i think its my favorite one on tinboats. i wish i could send you my boat and pay you to do the exact same thing. and again that boat is awesome, i'm in awe

Thanks, humbling really.

dyeguy1212 said:
Can you see the green portion of the bow light from the side? I wouldn't do too much night fishing if the waters you frequent are patrolled much.

I was worried at first too.... but actually its not too bad, because the trolling motor mount slopes down in that location. The only time I night fish is for salmon, at which point I have no use for the trolling motor, so It will probably come off during that time.

Well.......... today we took her on her maiden voyage!!!!! all went really good except one certain wife forgetting to grab the camera :evil: The old merc. fired right up 2cnd pull. Me and my wife are too big for the 10hp. I gets close to plane but no cigar. I'll be looking for a 15hp now. The wife had to learn how to use the trolling motor, but caught on fairly quick. The boat loads onto the trailer like CRAP!!! I need some v shaped bunk setup or something cuz The front scraped all up the tounge untill she hit the fore most roller. (could be the wife didn't have me pull in deep enough though). I pulled in three small perch, and that was all. I am going to take it out again tomorrow, and will be sure to bring the camera. :D

Great that you got out,alittle more tinkering and she'll
be just what you want.
Nice work.

njduquette-------- This is the only picture I could find of the front bow build.

IMAG0037.jpg

I took her out to the lake again today for a few hours..... the fishing was only fair with a good number of rock bass pulled in...... The boat seemed pretty stable, which was good considering my co-pilot today was my brother in law whom is 6' 7" and over 300lbs. :) (and he's only 17...sheesh) The trailer is still a pain in the arse though and needs some longer bunks.

IMAG0038.jpg

brother in law up front.
IMAG0041.jpg

Pulled in about 25 to 30 of these little guys, bumping bottom with leaches.
IMAG0042.jpg

Latest posts