The 14' Jet boat project (update 7/19/2010 Video on page 4)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a lot of progress this weekend, We did get the steering issue resolved and the throttle hooked up, Still trying to figure out a way to mount the gauges.

Might get a chance to work on it tonight, i'll try to get some more photo's.

Picture of Steering and Throttle setup. It is designed so that bath the driver and passenger and drive. This setup really is sweet, smooth and the throttle is in the perfect spot. The original idea was to use half of the original bars but after looking in the garage for them for over 30 minutes my son decided to tell me that he might have thrown them away. OOPS! So my buddy had an old roadmaster kids bike we stole the handlebars off of and cut down to size, no bending required. Looking to get a shift boot to fit over this entire assembly to make it look nice, oh yea and a better grip. Also looking for one of the Chrome naked trucker girl shift knobs. :shock:

Have a wiring diagram so tonight I will work on gauges and wiring Miss Propless back together.

4786974697_7d1d67fd2a.jpg

ihavenoideawhattoput said:
Picture of Steering and Throttle setup. It is designed so that bath the driver and passenger and drive. This setup really is sweet, smooth and the throttle is in the perfect spot. The original idea was to use half of the original bars but after looking in the garage for them for over 30 minutes my son decided to tell me that he might have thrown them away. OOPS! So my buddy had an old roadmaster kids bike we stole the handlebars off of and cut down to size, no bending required. Looking to get a shift boot to fit over this entire assembly to make it look nice, oh yea and a better grip. Also looking for one of the Chrome naked trucker girl shift knobs. :shock:

Have a wiring diagram so tonight I will work on gauges and wiring Miss Propless back together.

4786974697_7d1d67fd2a.jpg

The above makes very little since because it was typed in a hurry at the office. We had a very busy day.

I should read what I post before posting it. :?:

All wiring is complete aside from trying to locate a place to put the trim switch. 90% complete on the front deck, need to do some sealing before going any further. Gauges are mounted. Relocated center seat has been fully riveted into place. Going to attempt to get the side bracing carpeted Wednesday afternoon. 70% of all rivets and bracing on the floor have been silicone sealed with 100% silicon.

Still waiting on oil pump block off kit to arrive, I could have built one by now.

2 days left to get it on the water this week or it will have to wait until next week, not in a hurry just ready for a leak test so I can get started on the flooring. I will try to get some more photo's posted but not a lot of photo type progress has taken place.

Photo Updates

4793154856_4900e3f5f7_b.jpg

Front Nose
4792521095_8fd67c53ea.jpg

Test Fit, I hacked the crap out of the scrap piece of carpet
4793154756_0a6c881de8.jpg

Big Sexy (and it turns over)
4792521057_728b17d11e.jpg

Does the control yolk feel comfortable or is that one in place for test purposes?

MadCatX said:
Does the control yolk feel comfortable or is that one in place for test purposes?

I really like how it feels. I am trying to locate a 2 way monetary switch small enough to fit inside the top for the trim also.

It seems to be in the perfect spot at the right angle, you can hold it in several different positions and still control the throttle smoothly. I am unsure I like the fact that in order to go right you have to push left though. I rode motorcycle for awhile so it feels natural in a weird sort of way. It also allows you to lean into the turns easier. I know a fix but requires more modifications then I want to tackle before getting it in the water and seeing how I like it.

Standing water test is Thursday. I will not be able to run it because last night I realized I ordered the wrong oil block off plate.

There is a dude on you tube they call Crazy Caprisi or something like that that has a set up like this.

It doesn't look as well placed as yours I am curious to see what kind of speeds and handling you're going to see.

That thing looks like its going to be a blast to drive. Freaking helicopter style lol.

Last night cleaned up wiring and mounted guages, no water test yet, Looks like this weekend we might get one done. I will finish sanding and priming the interior this afternoon.

Carpet was glued down with liquid nail, let sit over night, then wraped around the edges and nailed to the underside with button fastners that roofers use to hold the tar paper in place.

4799071900_335677ee23.jpg

4798439921_decb7d8e19.jpg

Latest posts