The 14' Jet boat project (update 7/19/2010 Video on page 4)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like fun, hey, it is fun. Hit up www.pwctoday.com for engine help. I ended up at www.seadoosource.com for carb kits for mine ($109 for the kits with extra springs to set the pop off). My MV1448 build is over on the conversions subforum if you haven't seen it yet. I considered doing the hull swap but decided instead to make the jet inlet and pump mount. Mine will top out around 50mph with a sick engine so be carefull with that thin skinned hull.

Momma called and said my new engine is sitting at home waiting for me.

Jamie

Oh yeah, Seadoosource has the fuel floats for around $30. The magnet falls out of the float and the fuel gauge doesn't work anymore...

Jamie

No hijack, click the link in my sig.

My jet intake;
DSC06665.jpg

I was thinking on this hull you might want to glue a sheet of .120 aluminum to the hull to reinforce it. I think the original metal is just too thin to take the pounding at speed. and there aren't enough ribs to support the existing floor. Neat get your feet wet project that will end up in a stronger hull down the road. =D>

Jamie

Yes, we are still working on how to reinforce the hull. The idea to get another boat has popped up a few times. Not yet though. I will get this resolved or sink it trying. I have some pretty good plans ready it is just either too hot, kids going back to school, wedding to get ready for. Seems lately everything is getting in the way! ARHHHH

Latest posts