What do you use to clean your hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since your boat is new, I would contact the manufacture and follow their suggestion. This will keep you with in the warranty guidelines. They have the best and most experience with their own materials. Generally, most manufacture will do allot of trial runs on different products to see what works the best.

Dawn Soap, a good stiff brush, and some high pressure water. Works every time. If you have a lot of algae or "river / lake muck" you might use a large scotch-brite pad when you scrub it.

I know this is an older thread but I just pulled my Lowe from sitting in the river all summer and decided to try the Simple Green on a small patch last night. Using a stiff brush, it cleaned up much better than I expected. I did hit the algae with some bleach at the boat ramp when I pulled it out, that helps kill it off. In the past, I have used CLR or Lime Away on my fiberglass boats and they cleaned up nicely after several rounds of wiping it down. The Simple Green will take more elbow grease, but it seems to work pretty well and isn't as harsh on the environment.

Careful with the bleach, it can do a number on aluminum if you don't wash it right off. Best not to use.

IF you have a Big Lots store near by they have some stuff called "Awsome" that works great and very cheap too!

Oh well, so much for the Simple Green. I got around to the side that was exposed to the sun and it's putting up a good fight. I still have some lingering tendonitis in my elbow from shoveling too much snow last winter so I need to take it easy with the scrubbing. It's not a large area, but it's taking more effort than I had hoped. With the fiberglass boats I've had in the past, the CLR or Lime Away worked fine but I don't want to risk it on the aluminum.

See if you can find a product called "Zing" boat and pontoon cleaner. By far the best aluminum cleaner I've ever used. I use it for cleaning radiators at work, never used it on a boat but all the boats we sold are painted and the aluminum cleaner wouldn't do anything. It works it's best on bare aluminum.

iv got a dumb question, so i have a 77 15ft fisher marine "fisher" mostly still factory ..... so its just got a blue " im guessing vinal sticker" pin stripe along the water line .. my question is .... did or do boat companys put a clear coat on the boats or is it ok to try to polish and maybie wax ? or do i run a risk of burning through some sort of protective coat

Latest posts