My New 1448 Flat Bottom Project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyBuckster

Reaction score
I just got a very straight 14 foot flat bottom that I'm going to do.You guys have some really great looking boats.This is the perfect forum for somebody wishing to make something very special.Can't wait to get going.As soon as I can figure out how to attach photos on here,I'll get the first one up.The before,so to speak.How do you get to the browse after hitting the (img) button?

welcome to the forum! instead of attaching photos, try a photo hosting site like https://www.photobucket.com to upload photos and then copy and past the

I just went through and looked at a lot of rebuilds on here.I'm going to start with the trailer.Gonna get it greased up good,tear it down and paint it.Then redo the bunks and wiring if needed.I'de hate to have a done boat sitting there,then have to take it off the trailer to redo it.I've made up my mind,finally at something.lol

azslabber said:
I just went through and looked at a lot of rebuilds on here.I'm going to start with the trailer.Gonna get it greased up good,tear it down and paint it.Then redo the bunks and wiring if needed.I'de hate to have a done boat sitting there,then have to take it off the trailer to redo it.I've made up my mind,finally at something.lol

This is a very good choice. Once the trailer is done, you'll have the option of transporting your boat anywhere you need to.

Looks like you've got a nice boat for a project. Have fun. :D

I've been gathering all the stuff that I need for the boat.I've gotten some 48" diamond plate aluminum for the deck,some 1 1/2" aluminum angle for the deck supports.I'm trying to find the right paint for it.Made up my mind on Parker Duck Boat paint in green for inside and out.First I wanted to find a livewell to fit inside my center bench,not having to much luck,any ideas would be appreshiated.Should be some pics up Saturday night after teardown,or during teardown.I'll be working on the trailer to get it done before the boat gets worked on.

Nice boat. Look forward to seeing your mods. I have a 1448 and dont have a livewell and cant decide on what to do. Decisions, decisions.

I'm all hyped up about working on this boat and have gotten almost all of my materials to do it.The guy that I bought it from is having trouble with getting the trailer title.I almost started today on it,but decided to wait until I have all of the paperwork first.What a hastle.

azslabber said:
I'm all hyped up about working on this boat and have gotten almost all of my materials to do it.The guy that I bought it from is having trouble with getting the trailer title.I almost started today on it,but decided to wait until I have all of the paperwork first.What a hastle.

azslabber I guess I can watch you on both tinboat.net and crappie.com now.

Yes you can F-150.It all begins on Saturday.I got all of my paperwork and am ready to get on this thing.Lots of pics starting Saturday.I can't wait.

azslabber said:
Yes you can F-150.It all begins on Saturday.I got all of my paperwork and am ready to get on this thing.Lots of pics starting Saturday.I can't wait.
am ready to see it.

Latest posts