To deck or not to deck?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same trailer for a jon boat that I own. It came missing several pieces, but when I finally got to the project (after two moves) and ordering or buying the missing pieces it works well. NOTE.... check all the pieces before you have it for 90 days. After 90 days you have to buy any missing pieces. I bought mine from a guy on ebay(came directly from the factory, but I paid him and not harbor freight directly) and reported missing pieces to him and he was going to have them sent to me. He stated they were on back order and we were in the process of moving and then I kept emailing and he quit responding to me. By that time I contacted Harbor Freight directly and found out about the 90 day thing.

Heres a few more pics, haven't gotten as much done as I would like the transom took a while to replace, hope it works, the rivets were gone as was the wood.

Attachments

• 13_edit.jpg
    13_edit.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 12,085
  • 22_edit.jpg
    22_edit.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 12,085
  • 20_edit.jpg
    20_edit.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 12,088
Looking very good. Your project is coming along very quickly. I especially like what you did with the front deck. I was going to suggest something totally different, but I like what you came up with way better. I am jealous, I need a boat to work on.

Here are some pics of what I have gotten done, not loaded in any order. Still a ways to go!

Attachments

• 30_edit.jpg
    30_edit.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 10,003
  • 42_edit.jpg
    42_edit.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 10,006
  • 31_edit.jpg
    31_edit.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 10,007
  • 32_edit.jpg
    32_edit.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 10,006
  • 40_edit.jpg
    40_edit.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 10,012
I think your boat is a Starcraft, as it looks just like mine. Is there a hull identification? Should be one on the outside of the transom, right hand side, and one on the left hand side under that gusset brace at the top. The first few digits should be something like "STRY".
(sorry to tell you something you probably already know.....)
I say it is a starcraft because the gusset braces, ribs, handles and all that look exactly like mine.

I love the clean look that makes it look like it came that way from the factory, yet totally unique. I can't wait to hear how she fishes!

Well have you had it out fishin yet? How do you like your lower front deck design? I really like your idea with the lower deck I may have to borrow it :wink: for my rebuild.

Heres some more pics, pretty much finished except for some wiring. In the pics you may notice I took the 11" seat post for the rear and cut it down to 6", gives a little height to the back without being to tall.

Picked up a Tennessee trailer for $175, didn't think that was too bad, Came with new rims and tires plus a spare. Just needs a good sanding and painting, but that will wait I am ready to fish.

I did take it out last Sunday it did great was just too windy and my son wasn't enjoying that much so we left, but overall I am satisfied. It is not as stable as I would like, but as long as you are aware of what you are in it's not a problem.

Attachments

• 64_edit.jpg
    64_edit.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2,929
  • 57_edit.jpg
    57_edit.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,930
  • 51_edit.jpg
    51_edit.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 2,946

Latest posts