2010 Tracker 1436 Build (Results)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooky1420

Reaction score
Hey all, this is my first build. I can't thank the community of Tinboats.net enough. I've been working on this build since April, and whenever I had an issue, the users of this site kicked in helpful tips that allowed me to produce this fishing machine. I took tons of photos throughout the build, and will be hopefully doing a thorough walkthrough with photos soon. I just couldn't pass up the chance to let you all see it beforehand!

Now that I have the decking complete, I'm looking to add a fishfinder, lighting, bilge pump, bow mounted TM, and of course an outboard...

Would appreciate some feedback on the build. Lots of sweat and planning done with this project.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 12,879
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 12,879
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 12,879
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 12,879
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 12,879
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 12,879
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 12,879
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 12,879
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 12,879
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 12,879
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 12,879
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 12,879
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 12,879
TNtroller said:
very nice work carpet job looks factory.

Yeah, the carpet came out good. Very pleased. I have to say thanks on that to the following members:

Robr3004
Nevillizer
bear7625
wasilvers
Codeman
Wolfmjc

All had really good advice for me regarding the carpet. I ended up getting carpet with the rubber backing from Lowe's at $0.49 cents a square foot, and applied it to the plywood by first using 3M 90 Spray Adhesive, rolling it with a rolling pin, and then pulling the sides over and tacking it to the backside with a staple gun. Worked extremely well.

BTW - got that trailer cheap, originally styled for a v-hull boat and was painted white and rusted a fair amount. My brother-in-law and I cut the mounts off, replaced the winch and tow jack, surface sanded it, painted it, added new light fixtures and paint as well as bunk boards. Added some reflective tape, and there she is. I plan on adding some verticle guides to the rear end, and some fenders to keep that carpet nice and fresh during transport. I will be posting photos of the trailer rebuild soon as well.

Thanks for the compliments so far... I still have a lot of work to do, but it makes it easier when all you have to do is the cosmetic stuff. Next up, the wiring, lights, and looking for an outboard to push this jon through the Everglades.

...Hoping to get it into the water this weekend to see how she performs. Only have a trolling motor, but at least I will finally be on the water :p

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. Since this was my first build, I had a lot of trial and error, but I will help you as much as I can. Feel the need to give back to the community that helped me out when I needed advice!

The boat looks really good. Have you had a chance to weigh it yet since finishing it out? Trackers site says it weighs 117lbs empty and has a 580lb max capacity less a 375lb human capacity. Wondering how much of that capacity the wood will take away, especially once it's wet?

Should be fine for the everglades on calm days if you avoid the 4pm thunderstorm and other boats wakes...

Jamie

Ranchero50 said:
The boat looks really good. Have you had a chance to weigh it yet since finishing it out? Trackers site says it weighs 117lbs empty and has a 580lb max capacity less a 375lb human capacity. Wondering how much of that capacity the wood will take away, especially once it's wet?

Should be fine for the everglades on calm days if you avoid the 4pm thunderstorm and other boats wakes...

I haven't had a chance to put it on the scales yet, but by keeping track of what i put onto the boat, the wood/carpet/materials account for about 95 lbs. I used half inch plywood everywhere that wasn't loadbearing, and 3/4 for the flooring and the front deck. It has gained some weight, but not much. Before doing any of the modifications, my two buddies and i took it out for a spin at Quiet Waters Lake. I go 230lbs, and my two friends are about 215 a piece, plus two batteries, a trolling motor, a cooler, and all our gear. The boat still rode rather high out of the water, and if you think about it, I'm guessing that's nearly 750 lbs of man and gear combined. That's why I wasn't too worried about the wood when I started to put it on. I'll find out this weekend for sure, but I think it will be okay as we will probably only fish 2 men at a time, or take it canal cruising with me and the little lady who only goes about a buck 15.

And you're dead on about the 4pm rain and boat wakes in the Glades! I know a couple of "less traveled" spots though that are real nice to hunker down and catch some bass....

I wondering if you stands up on fron deck?I thinking 36 inch wide bottom not give stabillity needed for hi rise front deck seet.You try it yet and maybe tell about stabillity

Yeah, I'd like to hear about the stability too. I got a 1436 and have been debating on how I want to do the decking. Loving how your's came out! =D>

jcb said:
I wondering if you stands up on fron deck?I thinking 36 inch wide bottom not give stabillity needed for hi rise front deck seet.You try it yet and maybe tell about stabillity

I will be taking her out this weekend. Will update as to the stability then. I debated about the height of the front deck too... but opted for the extra storage space. Like the looks of the project, just need to make sure she's functional before continuing with the mod.

I imagine it will have about the same stability as pbw's jon up in Kentucky. Here is a video link to his Youtube front deck test with 3/8" plywood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYnXMhBb3xI&p=7F8C19A1665FD0B9&playnext=1&index=1

Boat looks great man!

Your stability with the decks will be fine, I have the same boat and have a small casting deck up front. I go 215 and it is good for me with another guy in the boat. My buddy in the back stands right up on the bench seat too.

By the time you though the gas motor on that thing she is going to be heavy, might have to make her a "green" boat.

cali27 said:
By the time you though the gas motor on that thing she is going to be heavy, might have to make her a "green" boat.

...and I'm trying to figure just exactly how I would go about doing that if need be... Any suggestions?

Oars or paddle? 100#'s of battery and a troller isn't going to do it much good. A 80# 9.9 Merc should make it scoot.

Jamie

Launching the boat on Saturday for the first time at Lake Ida in Palm Beach County. Supposed to be sunny and 70 degrees. Can't wait... Will answer all stability issues on Saturday upon return.

As an update, I added small flush clips to the front deck, whick will secure my rods during transport with mini bungee cords. Was pleasantly suprised that i have enough deck room to fit my 7 ft rods.

UPDATE...

Launched the boat for the first time since modification. Weight of the boat, wood, 2 batteries, trolling motor, plus gear, and two men, was not a problem. Boat rode about 6-8 inches out of the water at the gunwales. So to me, that suggests that it could handle more weight, which is good because I have yet to find an outboard.

For the members who posted concerns of the raised front deck/stability issues... I can give you my honest opinion - it wasn't like you were walking on the ground, but it was perfectly manageable. It was more stable than I ever expected, especially while resting on the pedestal seat. Boat wakes happened, but there was not a single time where I felt uneasy, and my brother-in-law and I were both standing. I'm not sure if it was because of the added weight of the wood and gear, but it was 50% more stable than before my modifications. The decking also acted as an insulator to cut water lapping noise down which was a nice surprise.

Overall, I'm really happy with the boat. Anyone have any questions, please ask, I will be happy to answer truthfully. One other thing - I have a 30lb transom mount trolling motor and it pushed it just fine all day on a single battery.

Attachments

• 6314cd5ae8a979c41289072266.jpg
    6314cd5ae8a979c41289072266.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 5,571
  • 1654cd5af740e5711289072500.jpg
    1654cd5af740e5711289072500.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 5,571
  • 4824cd5afd6e21cf1289072598.jpg
    4824cd5afd6e21cf1289072598.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 5,571

Latest posts