2010 Tracker 1436 Build (Results)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dl1010 said:
how much did that cost to complete? if you dont mind me asking

Don't mind at all!

I bought the boat brand new from tracker in april for $730 after taxes. That was the biggest lump in the wallet so far. I might add that this was a nominal fee to pay after getting "tinboat fever" shortly after finding this website. Other costs can be found listed below:

Bass Pro Prowler 30lb transome mount trolling motor: $79.99 (special sale)
Four cupholders, bass pro, $3.99 each, total $16
Two utility trays, target, $2.99 each
Two sheets 3/4" plywood, home depot, $24 each, total $48
Two sheets 1/2" plywood, home depot, $18 each, total $36
10'x12' outdoor carpet, lowe's, $0.49 a square foot, $58 total (estimate)
4 2"x4" boards, $2.50 each, home depot, total $10
6 2"x2" boards, $2.00 each, home depot, total $12
5 hatch pull handles, bass pro, $3.99 each, total $20
14 hinges, average cost for 2 pack at home depot, $2.50 per 2, total $15
Pop rivets, 2 boxes 3/8", $3.00 a box, home depot, total $6
Two car batteries, free from mechanic brother-in-law, total FREE!
2 cans 3M 90 Spray Adhesive, home depot, $14 a can, total $28
brackets, various types, home depot, $25
Thompsons water seal, home depot, $18
Seat plates, 3, bass pro, $15 each $45
Seats, bass pro, 2 at $45 each, 1 at $35 total of $125
2 cleats, $4.00 each at bass pro, $8 total
screws and and hardware, $20 estimate.

geez... looking at all this stuff individually, i guess i spent more than i thought... but when i took it out today it was all well worth it.

total build (not counting man hours)... right around $600 on top of the cost of the boat. i don't have any resources though, had to buy everything new... and i messed up a few times and had to redo some things. i have no building or carpentry experience previously, and relied heavily on the members of tinboats.

Jim said:
now we want to see fish! :D

This was the first catch on "Playin' Hooky" this morning about 7:10 a.m. Unfortunately I had to freehand the boat name, and I'm not too artistic!

Attachments

• 0524cd5e4dd91ddb1289086173.jpg
    0524cd5e4dd91ddb1289086173.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 5,540
  • 3114cd5ae8abfbe51289072266.jpg
    3114cd5ae8abfbe51289072266.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 5,540
Wow that's not to bad. It looks great man. I just got the same boat from bass pro 3 weeks ago. I'm thinking about doing that or atleast a front deck. Looks great again. Oh an by the way I got a 2.5 mercury from basspro. With 4 guys on the boat it still pushes it great. I know it sounds small but just letting you know

dl1010 said:
Wow that's not to bad. It looks great man. I just got the same boat from bass pro 3 weeks ago. I'm thinking about doing that or atleast a front deck. Looks great again. Oh an by the way I got a 2.5 mercury from basspro. With 4 guys on the boat it still pushes it great. I know it sounds small but just letting you know

awesome. I took a bunch of photos during the build, how i did my front deck... i will be posting them in a complete build thread when i get the spare time. you should check it out, maybe it will give you some ideas that you can improve on.

one question - does the 2.5 get the boat on a plane? i imagine that i would need something a little bigger with the extra weight? i was looking at getting at least a 9.9, but i'm gonna have to find the right deal...

good luck with your build man.

Thanks for the stability report! I'm trying to get some ideas on what to do for mine and your build is helping with that. Nice looking boat there!

rmzachar said:
Thanks for the stability report! I'm trying to get some ideas on what to do for mine and your build is helping with that. Nice looking boat there!

Thanks, and no problem. If you have any other questions, let me know.

It does. That's with 4 guys from 190 to 235. It moves in the inlet and river good. Anything under 5 HP you don't have to register plus its only 740 dollars. Its also amazing on gas Haha

I am new here...in fact this is my first post but I wanted to tell you this is a beautiful job. I just got my first boat ever...a Tracker Grizzly 1648 AWL 2010 model. It was actually used but no mods to it and I think I got a pretty good deal. I really like your ideas and the execution was fantastic. Thanks for sharing the pictures and info.

BassGeek54 said:
I am new here...in fact this is my first post but I wanted to tell you this is a beautiful job. I just got my first boat ever...a Tracker Grizzly 1648 AWL 2010 model. It was actually used but no mods to it and I think I got a pretty good deal. I really like your ideas and the execution was fantastic. Thanks for sharing the pictures and info.

Thanks for the compliment. I can't say it was all peaches and sugarplums to do, but if you take some extra time doing measurments and get a good vision on what you want to accomplish (and get some help from the guys on this site), the sky is the limits.

I actually wanted a Grizzly, but I had to settle for a 1436 because of upfront costs.

I'm going to be working on getting the wiring and lights on this weekend. I will be sure to update with photos when it is complete.

UPDATE:

Instead of taking the boat out for some action, I decided to install some of the electronics. I installed a 4 function contol panel (SeaSense, $32). PLEASE NOTE: I bought the bass pro brand panel and the switches were busted right out of the box. I read reviews and found a lot of people had the same issue. Buyer beware, do not buy the bass pro brand rocker switch panels. They are cheap, but you get what you pay for...

I also installed two cigarette power outlets for my spotlight, charging cell phone, etc. Installed the rear navigation light fixture, the front nav lights, and clips for the rear nav light when it is stored away.

I've also added photos of the mini-bungee rod holders on the front deck. Now I just have to wire everything up!!!

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 1,841
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 1,841
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,841
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,841
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,841
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,841
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1,841
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,841
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,841
man, not my style of boat on a honest note but man that thing is a fishing machine. love the last pics of the boar panel, su sweet and organized...i got a 12' deep v aluminum im outboard shopping for....check out Nissan 9.8hp man. you can get them for 1800 approx.....they are worth checking out.

thanks for sharing,

12_Tinner said:
man, not my style of boat on a honest note but man that thing is a fishing machine. love the last pics of the boar panel, su sweet and organized...i got a 12' deep v aluminum im outboard shopping for....check out Nissan 9.8hp man. you can get them for 1800 approx.....they are worth checking out.

thanks for sharing,

Thanks man. I am actually looking for a 9.9 or 15hp 2-stroke. I've talked to a lot of people, and for the money and ease of working on it, a 2-stoke is what I have decided to go with. Now if I can only find the right deal... Best wishes for your search for an outboard as well.

Troutman3000 said:
looks good man.

Thanks buddy... You ever get you another boat to work on? That mod you have posted on your 12' was quite impressive. I liked the metal work and the paint job you did.

Thats the thing - I'm happy with the way mine has come out so far, but I honestly am glad I started with a new boat for my first build... The work that some of these members do on here with old, beat up hunks of metal is amazing to me. Not sure I have that kind of skill... I'm in a state of "awe" when I look at the member's finished products after seeing what they started with.

Hooky1420 said:
Troutman3000 said:
looks good man.

Thanks buddy... You ever get you another boat to work on? That mod you have posted on your 12' was quite impressive. I liked the metal work and the paint job you did.

Thats the thing - I'm happy with the way mine has come out so far, but I honestly am glad I started with a new boat for my first build... The work that some of these members do on here with old, beat up hunks of metal is amazing to me. Not sure I have that kind of skill... I'm in a state of "awe" when I look at the member's finished products after seeing what they started with.

Thanks Man. I got a 14 super v tracker that I am about to redo the decks, carpeting, and reseal the hull.

My boat wasnt too hard, a lot of trail and error. I do have some questions for you.

1. How do you connect that switch panel? I fear that I am going to need to replace my soon and I am not good at electrical at all. Do you have bus bar? Is there one wire that runs of the panel to each negative ans positive terminal on the battery????

Latest posts