My New 1448 Flat Bottom Project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will get to do a little more tommorrow.I'm going to do the rear of the boat.Transom,not replace,lol.Just paint and make the line for the Steel Flex.It's already been sanded and self etched primered.I've got to make a straight line across the back even with the sides and strip it to bare aluminum like the rest of the Steel Flexed areas.Then paint the upper part with the Rustoleum Camo Green.Then flip it over again and touch up the inside where I put the Lab Metal.I'm thinking about doing the floor in the Steel Flex also.It's OD Green so it should do wonders to stop any leaks.I hope

I'll post a few pics tomorrow.I'll have the back of the boat painted and the bottom stripped for Steel Flex.It won't be here until Wednesday of next week.So,it looks like the outside will all be done next Saturday and not tomorrow.Darn it anyway.I want to go fishing,lol.Still in the 70's here water temp at 65 degrees,I see a monster bluegill a coming very soon.

Spent a couple of hours dreaming of being done.Got the outside of the transom painted and stripped.Only Steel Flex left to finish the outside off.That is scheduled for next Saturday.
DSC00021-1.jpg

Ready for paint.
DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

Everything else on the outside gets Steel Flexed in OD Green.
DSC00024.jpg

I'm going to metal finish these humps out on the flat side of the rear bottom.Hope that it works out.

And yes the drain hole is now round and the plug fits,lol.How important is it to get them "Humps" out of the bottom at the rear floor?Seems like whomever had this boat before sure did drop a lot of heavy things in the rear floor.

I've got an update for $$$$ to anyone on a budget seeing whether they can do this to thier boat.
1. Rustoleum Camo Ultra Flat Spraycans $3.89,8
2. Rustoleum Self Etching Primer $5.48,4
3. Steel Flex shipped $66.37 1 gal. w/od green pigment
4. Lab Metal $29.36 shipped 12 oz.
5. Hardware $9.89

Here's what I have in it so far.It's all paid for.This is 2 months worth of stuff.So,it's way under the price of buying a done boat that I want to change after a week.
$178.45 total so far.Heck,$27.00 was in shipping.

Good info and lookin out azslabber. :D

I never saw a hull with dents like that in the floor, usually they are pushed towards the inside of the boat from beaching! :shock:

Had some free time today waiting on the Steel Flex,so I tied up some 1/16 oz. shad crappie jigs.I'll be in the trees gliding on through with my flat bottom boat yanking out crappie while everyone else just watches,lol.
DSC00025.jpg
I think that the "Maiden Voyage" coming up will be a great one.

Look what I ran into yesterday.1969 Evinrude 9.5 9922S.Good enough for me for awhile.Started right up but does need a bucnch of little stuff.Been sitting for about 8 years in storage,so I was told.
DSC00001-6.jpg

Almost ready for a fishing trip.A couple of parts and a camo paint job and all will be good.
DSC00002-8.jpg

Looks like you got yourself a long shaft, not to common on a 9.5.
Anyway, I would change the impeller and lower unit oil since it's
been stored for a long time.

Here's one like yours purring like a kitten. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVi74Kts0pI&feature=related

They say that the shortshaft on this motor measures to be arouind 18 to 19 inches.The model # says that it is a shortshaft,now Jaspar,I was over the fact that it was too long until you spoke up,lol.I don't know now.The boat is'nt near me right now,so I can't check it out. :roll:

azslabber said:
They say that the shortshaft on this motor measures to be arouind 18 to 19 inches.The model # says that it is a shortshaft,now Jaspar,I was over the fact that it was too long until you spoke up,lol.I don't know now.The boat is'nt near me right now,so I can't check it out. :roll:

It probably started out in life as a short shaft (per the model#), then someone converted it. My 25hp has an extension like that. If it's too long you can make a jack plate for it.

Man, I have to say that boat came a long way. Gonna look brand new by the time you finish the shell. Its amazing what a little love can do to the tin =D>

Thank you.It will be better.That is just the beginning.I am a disabled guy with two prostetic legs.It will probably be the last boat that I will ever do up.So,from now until the time that I can't hobble up onto it it will be a "Project",lol.

Latest posts