My First Build - 12' 40" Meyers Jon Boat (updated 5/24/2010)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Troutman3000 awesome job on this boat!

I just picked up an old '67 12' Sea King V today and I am thinking of doing the same type of mods that you did to yours. I filled her up when I got home and there are no leaks so I think I'm good to go.

I noticed that your seats were pretty high up for a 12 footer. How stable was your boat, did it feel tippy with those pedestals at all? Mine is a semi V and not a flat bottom so it will probably be different, but just looking for some useful info :mrgreen:

Thanks,
SB

SmallieBigs said:
Hey Troutman3000 awesome job on this boat!

I just picked up an old '67 12' Sea King V today and I am thinking of doing the same type of mods that you did to yours. I filled her up when I got home and there are no leaks so I think I'm good to go.

I noticed that your seats were pretty high up for a 12 footer. How stable was your boat, did it feel tippy with those pedestals at all? Mine is a semi V and not a flat bottom so it will probably be different, but just looking for some useful info :mrgreen:

Thanks,
SB

Sorry I missed this, mine was a lil tippy in teh back but its a 12' foot jon so you had to be careful. The front seat was very stable with the wide base and the fact that it was a little lower. I had no trip to the drink it it.

tripleup05 said:
How much steelflex did you end up using, Troutman?

I think I got the gallon order. Two half gallons. I had enough to do the entire outside with two coats and had some left over for touch up. It was around 65 bux with shipping.

Your too much like me. You put your heart and soul into building that and then you sell it. I've done that from time to time and always regret it in the end. :cry:

Your boat looked great!

Latest posts