My Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I like about this mod is that it is almost totally removable at any given time. The only thing that won't be easily taken out is the bracing which can be worked around if I want to try a trip to some rough waters or something. I am really anxious to see how it responds on the water. Quite often it will be me and two other guys fishing the big D, I am hoping I didn't add too much weight to make that possible. Again, the cool thing is, if I did all I need to do is pull some decks out.

I am going to have the batery under the bow deck, or the one behind it if it won't fit and all wiring running to the back to a switch/fuse box. I want to have the batter as far forward as possible. The trolling motor is a transom mount though and will stay on the transom because it is only a 30" shaft and wouldn't convert to the bow. If I had a longer shafted motor or a bow mounted I would put it up front. After reading the internet forecast for the next few days I went ahead and water sealed the wood in the dark by the light of lanterns. I have to take advantage of this warm, dry weather while I can. It won't be here for long that is for sure!

EDIT: looking over my measurements the battery will be going right behind the first bench seat under the deck. I will probably mount the battery box somewhere under there semi-permanent. I will store the anchor and anchor rope under the bow, having those two things in the front should help with weight distribution.

bAcKpAiN said:
I am going to have the batery under the bow deck, or the one behind it if it won't fit and all wiring running to the back to a switch/fuse box. I want to have the batter as far forward as possible. The trolling motor is a transom mount though and will stay on the transom because it is only a 30" shaft and wouldn't convert to the bow. If I had a longer shafted motor or a bow mounted I would put it up front. After reading the internet forecast for the next few days I went ahead and water sealed the wood in the dark by the light of lanterns. I have to take advantage of this warm, dry weather while I can. It won't be here for long that is for sure!

EDIT: looking over my measurements the battery will be going right behind the first bench seat under the deck. I will probably mount the battery box somewhere under there semi-permanent. I will store the anchor and anchor rope under the bow, having those two things in the front should help with weight distribution.

Are you going buy some of those battery feet to protect again shock or vibrations during towing/wave impacts?

I have never heard of them, so far I have just kept it in the battery box. The box is larger than the battery, I could probably put some styrofoam around it.

I know progress has stopped for a long time now, but Saturday I am going to get back on the project. There is a long story as to why I haven't done a thing in weeks, but the short story is that I put the boat in a garage that required much cleanout to get it in and out of, not to mention the fact that to get the door opened and closed you need a full socket set. :lol:

Hopefully this saturday i will get on the ball and make some serious progress toward getting this think on the water!

Humbug, It rained here on and off all day. So I drove to Cabelas and bought the seat pedestels, rod holders, and various other goodies.

I keep telling myself that the weather will break, and I WILL get this thing done before the "season" starts. But working on the street is killing me. Anyone near Philly have a garage I could borrow to finish this thing before spring?!! :lol:

Thanks for the encouragement. I am still in a "when I have any time at all the weather doesn't cooperate" scenario. I do however, have all of the final parts in hand except the washers I am going to use to fasten the seat pedestels with. Maybe this evening I can make a little progress in this nice weather window and give some updates over the weekend.

Unless of course, someone here in the Philly area wants to donate their garage on Monday to work on it with me! hehe :lol: Working on it in the street has been at best a hassle, and at worste it has just kept me from working because of rain, sleet, snow, and what have you.

On a side note, anyone have any experience using 3m 90 spray adhesive? I cannot find anywhere a temperature range to use it in, maybe I don't have to wait for warmer weather to carpet? If anyone knows I would appreciate the info. I really want to get the project finished by March.

What is your schedule monday? I have off for Presidents Day (I teach in a christian school). :twisted:

bAcKpAiN said:
What is your schedule monday? I have off for Presidents Day (I teach in a christian school). :twisted:

he is off everyday
crazy_face.gif

wayne

FINALLY some progress!!
Well, I finally had some time off when it wasn't raining, sleeting, or snowing up here. :roll:

My wife has made it "her project" to carpet the decks. As you will see from the pics I had no arguements, she is doing a great job and it allowed me today to tackle the seating installation.

What I did was drill a hole using the hole saw and dug out as much of the floatation foam as needed to reach under to get the washers and nuts on the installation boats. Since my wife was carpeting the decks I was able to focus on installation and the seating. Here are some after pics from today. I apologize for not having any shots of progress as it came, we were trying to get it done before dark.

IMG_1567Small.jpg

IMG_1568Small.jpg

IMG_1569Small.jpg

IMG_1570Small.jpg

IMG_1571Small.jpg

IMG_1572Small.jpg

Now I will need to focus on the electronics and wiring. Not exactly sure how that is going to work out, but so far I am pleased with the progress. There are HUGE slow periods but it seems once we get around to it we make some decent progress. I haven't forgotten to call you Esquired, had some surprise company show up this evening and I hate calling people late. I will call you tomorrow afternoon and leave a message 8) .

-Mike

Thanks Jim, It helps with manuvering from the back to the front and vice versa if you are fishing alone or with one other person. When you are sitting on a river waiting for stripers or cats it helps give everyone a little more room and make the little 14' "feel" a little bigger. Not to mention I have to be able to use the tiller. :p

Back pain s far so good.. now all you need to do is get a paint job on the motor cowing and your set..

Wayne

Latest posts