2011 SwimBait Challenge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
The Winner of the 2011 SwimBait Challenge is........Devilmutt! Congrats my man!

I am trying something different here, and hopefully exciting. Swimbaits=bigfish. No doubt about that. But how many people really spend the time chucking swimbaits. Here is an opportunity to practice your swimbait skills AND win a killer Swimbait in the end.

Rules
This contest is open to all members that have made at least 25 meaningful posts by Labor Day 2011. If you are a regular member on here, this is not even a tiny issue....
To enter this contest you must catch a fish on a swimbait. The lure must be called a "Swimbait" or fall into that category. If you are not sure, ask me first If it will be allowed.

This is how you enter. You submit a picture holding a fish here with a swimbait hanging out of it's mouth(or in the picture). When you submit each picture you must let us know what swimbait you used. All fish must be caught this year. Every Picture submitted equals one entry into the lottery.

Rule Change #1 01/11/2001 - Swimbait does not have to be in the fishes mouth, but it does have to be in the picture.
Rule Change #3 01/13/2011 - No foul hooked fish!
Rule Change #4 05/03/2011 - No need to add pictures to your original thread.

In the end I add them all to the Hat program and the winner will be chosen that way on Labor day weekend.
168434_large.jpeg

Winning Prize: The Winner will receive a Brand New "Muit's Mouse" In my choice of color. They are custom painted and when I pick up the one I ordered for myself I am going to pick one up for the contest. The retail price of this Lure is $55 plus delivery. Luckily the maker of this bait is fairly local and it will give me an excuse to go to his shop and pick up the goods.

This lure is about 8 inches long and weighs 1.5 ounces. Bill recommends a 7 foot Heavy or Extra Heavy rod for chucking this bait. There is no need to go buy a "Swimbait Combo".

Lure: https://billsbait.com/

Check out some of the catches so far: https://billsbait.com/askbill/index.php?topic=3021.0

Here is the action of the lure. If this does not entice a bass, nothing will.
[youtube]I8j5qaTiZz4[/youtube]

Disclaimer: All things can change Because
I will update rules and what not as they come up!

And some pics I stole from Bills site:

Attachments

• NEW-TAIL-CHANGE.jpg
    NEW-TAIL-CHANGE.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 6,918
  • NEW-MUITS-MOUSE-WHITEY.jpg
    NEW-MUITS-MOUSE-WHITEY.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 6,918
  • NEW-MUITS-MOUESE-GREY1.jpg
    NEW-MUITS-MOUESE-GREY1.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 6,918
  • NEW-MUITS-MOUSE-BROWN.jpg
    NEW-MUITS-MOUSE-BROWN.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 6,918
  • NEW-MUITS-MOUSE-ON-SCALE1.jpg
    NEW-MUITS-MOUSE-ON-SCALE1.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 6,918
  • NEW-MUITS-MOUSE-CHIPMUNK1.jpg
    NEW-MUITS-MOUSE-CHIPMUNK1.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 6,918
  • mm-counter.jpg
    mm-counter.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 6,918
  • Muits.jpg
    Muits.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 6,613
  • Swimbaiters.JPG
    Swimbaiters.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 5,569
  • SBwinner.JPG
    SBwinner.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 5,569
Great timing. This past year I've half-heatedly tried several hollow bodied swimbaits with zero success. This year I have set a goal to use them more. Just read an article on how effective and versatile soft swimbaits with jigs heads are and I'm pumped to give it a try.

Captain Ahab said:
Great idea - striped bass count right?

I am in in in

That's what I was thinking. The only "swimbaits" that I own were all purchased for striper/rockfish fishing. :LOL2:

Quackrstackr said:
Captain Ahab said:

I am in in in

That's what I was thinking. The only "swimbaits" that I own were all purchased for striper/rockfish fishing. :LOL2:
Quackrstackr said:
Captain Ahab said:

I am in in in

Captain Ahab said:

I am in in in

As long as it is considered a Swimbait. In other words if I go to an online shop and search "swimbaits" It should pop up. :mrgreen:

I've got a new secret weapon for this coming spring: https://www.sebileusa.com/e_swimmer.html
Any of you guys tried this Sebile Magic Swimmer before?

095-NFS.jpg

HOUSE said:
I've got a new secret weapon for this coming spring: https://www.sebileusa.com/e_swimmer.html
Any of you guys tried this Sebile Magic Swimmer before?

Yes, I have! Great lure that again does not need a dedicated swimbait combo. :beer:

I actually gave a couple away in one of the tournaments.

Wow!!!! Cool idea Jim!!!!! I've not even tried fishing swimbaits yet. I'm gonna have to get some!!!!!! Muit's Mouse has some great detail. I especially like how you can add what ever tail you want to it. Good fishin, Scott Woody

Sounds fun, i might get in on the action, if the fish are willing to cooperate. Is there a length requirement for fish caught on the swimbait, I catch a lot of little fish throwing a swimbait. Also does a lunker punker count, it comes up under the swimbait category at TW?

slim357 said:
Sounds fun, i might get in on the action, if the fish are willing to cooperate. Is there a length requirement for fish caught on the swimbait, I catch a lot of little fish throwing a swimbait. Also does a lunker punker count, it comes up under the swimbait category at TW?

Lunker Plunker or Lunker Punker (there are both out there). Either way, just ship it to me and after extensive testing I will let you know if it counts or not

i will be throwing my matts lure swim bait on vacation how many entries can I have my photo card hold 1200 pictures

freetofish said:
would somebody lone me 20 bucks so I can play in this contest? (OK so I'm not sure about the exact amount)

You do not need to go that expensive - get yourself some Money Minnows or even Tsunamis swimbaits and get fishing

I've caught fish on the 6" Storm Kickin Minnow. I think it was $5.

I was just telling Randall a week ago that this year would be the year of the swimbait for me. Of course I'll be throwing the HPH this year :mrgreen: One thing I've learned from those in the know is to pick a bait and stick with it/learn it.

I picked up a new swimbait rod and am currently kicking around which reel to buy. I can tell you if you plan to throw something that weighs in at an ounce or more, a regular bass setup will probably wear you out. I used a BPS Extreme combo on a MH 6'6" rod on my last outing, and I had to lay down and rest :oops: I guess that information is more appropriate for the Tubby Weight Loss thread. :LOL2:

Looking forward to seeing some pics. Thanks Jim!

I am glad this contest covers all of 2011. I tried throwing a swimbait yesterday and is just skidded across the ice..... :LOL2:

Im In.....

Outdoorsman.

Got a $50 gift card to Tackle Warehouse for Christmas and put it to use last night. Was harder than I thought it would be to find exactly $50 but found the right combination. Ordered several packs of soft hollow body swimbaits. Going to start with these because I can use my existing rods. Would love to try some of those hard and soft (solid) body baits, but most are heavy enough to require a new rod... oh darn ;-)

Is this one going to count? It is a 1970 or 80's Fred Arborgast big Bass lure.

I was told that this lure started the big bass catching in Southern California when it was used as a trolling bait for big stripers ... and then they caught a number of 12+ lb LM bass on it.

I used it last summer and caught my biggest LM Bass on a Southern Wisconsin lake ( where Outdoorsman lives! ). Whammmmm.. I thought I had a muskie on for a minute!

Rich

4825289082_57c6f268bb.jpg

Latest posts