2011 SwimBait Challenge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richg99 said:
Is this one going to count? It is a 1970 or 80's Fred Arborgast big Bass lure.

4825289082_57c6f268bb.jpg

Yes, this one counts!

Nice fish! :beer:

Sweet. I am definitely going to get a few of the new Bass Pro Shops Lazer Eye Shad now. Can't beat the price either!
SHAD_p.jpg

Great Idea! I started tossing KGM Custom Baits - TW Swimmer last year with good success for smallmouth. These are headless soft body bait that when paired with a revenge swimbait head, makes a great rig. Most of my hookups have come using the Kokanee color.

This year i have plans on stepping up to the hard swimbaits.

Count me in! I just picked up a swimbait setup this winter and will be throwing Hudds, Matt Lures, and slammers. Maybe I'll even catch something. [-o<

richg99 said:
Is this one going to count? It is a 1970 or 80's Fred Arborgast big Bass lure.

I was told that this lure started the big bass catching in Southern California when it was used as a trolling bait for big stripers ... and then they caught a number of 12+ lb LM bass on it.

I used it last summer and caught my biggest LM Bass on a Southern Wisconsin lake ( where Outdoorsman lives! ). Whammmmm.. I thought I had a muskie on for a minute!

Rich

4825289082_57c6f268bb.jpg

I have one of these! I absolutely love it...mine is green and black though with an orange belly. I was going to post and ask if it counted, but I went to BPS and bought some Money Minnows and a Wake Shad just to be certain...

Ha Ha Nothing like a good excuse to add to our tackle boxes. I have so many that I don't know where the specific lures are now!

I promised myself that, during this week of "cold" weather down here...that I would "organize" my tackle. Nothing good has happened so far. regards,Rich

:twisted: Great idea, Jim. Count me in. I have been meaning to get into swimbaits for the past few years and I think this might be the push I need to get going. 8)

fish devil said:
:twisted: Great idea, Jim. Count me in. I have been meaning to get into swimbaits for the past few years and I think this might be the push I need to get going. 8)

Exactly what I wanted to hear.......I hope this is the push for allot of guys who have always been meaning to throw them.

Thanks! :beer:

Does it have to be bass or do redfish count?

Man, that mouse could sure do double duty as a baby nutria down in the marsh. Big reds will *nail* em!

Nice Jim...thanks for the contest. I started throwing swimbaits last year. Bought a box full of Tru-Tungsten swimmers at a huge discounted price ( I guess because they get horrible reviews). I only had one that didn't swim well, and they replaced it. I caught a handful of fish on them last year.

Can't wait to get on the water again!

no biggie he wasnt very big anyways, first one ive manage to foul hook on a bbz shad though most short strikes dont get you anything with that bait. Also had my first snakehead of the year also a dink, i would post up some pics of both but when i try to email them to my self from my phone it say they the file doesnt exist, so i guess it didnt happen

Is this going to be strickly a fresh water tourney contest for black bass???? I take alot of (huge)red bass & sea trout on swim baits.

beamer1 said:
Is this going to be strickly a fresh water tourney contest for black bass???? I take alot of (huge)red bass & sea trout on swim baits.

Go for it - what is a red bass? I think the contest is for bass of all types so if you mean redfish (aka Red Drum) that would not be a bass

Captain Ahab said:
beamer1 said:

Go for it - what is a red bass? I think the contest is for bass of all types so if you mean redfish (aka Red Drum) that would not be a bass

Any fish goes as long as the lure is a "Swimbait".

Latest posts