Eye-Fi

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Best invention since sliced bread. I give this product two thumbs up so far. The worst thing about Digital cameras is the unloading of the pictures. It is a PITA. Two cameras, two sets of wires, time consumption.

https://www.eye.fi/

eyefi_front.jpg

No more! :LOL2:

I purchased a 4GB card for my wifes camera and finally decided to stick it in her camera to see if it really works. After plugging the little adapter into the wifes laptop and running through the install and adding the wireless security password.......Done!

It took all of 5 minutes.

I stuck the card in the camera and started taking random pictures. Almost instantly I could see the pictures being transferred onto the laptop....AWESOME!

Eye-fi created an "Eye-Fi" folder in the "my pictures" folder and added the pictures there by date.

So simple a caveman could do it.

As long as the laptop is on, wireless is working, and the camera is on....this works all on its own. If your out and about, as soon as you get home, turn on the camera and it will transfer the pictures automatically as long as the PC is on.

Two thumbs up so far. I highly recommended this if it is compatible with your camera! :beer:

looks like it would work well,for some.

I just remove the card and use built in card reader on my lap top(no wires)

Also i never format after dowload ,I use 3 diff. cards and just rotate them.that way i have back up short term if need be,just format them when i put the card in.

Cool ! I've been wanting to move-up in capacity of my camera card from the current 2gb :) . To download pics to the computer I take the card out of the camera and insert it in the computer. I have two $25 gift cards (need to find one of them) for Best Buy that'll work great for the $49.99 cost of the Eye-Fi :) . I'll certainly give this some thought. Thanks, Jim. 8)

bought one today at wally world for $43+tax. Can anyone tell me if this unit is good for more than one camera, or limited to just one camera?

I've been watching these cards for a while, really wish they made a CF version of the card, that also had high read write speeds. Good to see that it actually works, I've been skeptical about them.

Would be nice is camera manufacturer would start adding Wi-Fi right to the camera too. I mean our little cell phones have it, why not a camera. While I'm at it.....GPS would be nice too. :D

robr3004 said:
It Would be nice is camera manufacturer would start adding Wi-Fi right to the camera too. I mean our little cell phones have it, why not a camera. While I'm at it.....GPS would be nice too. :D

Agree 100%

They need to listen to us! :LOL2:

1, small camera
2, super long wide Zoom
3, Hi def video also(that allows you to zoom in and out while recording)
4, Waterproof to at least 10 feet(If not more)
5, Built in Wifi and GPS

Is this so hard to ask for? For Petes sake, we sent people to the moon. :LOL2:

Cool product Jim! I had seen these a few months ago and wondered about them. It would be nice to have a CF version or a single adapter to handle different card types.

and it needs some sort of flotation, can we get this feature for cell phones too?

Jim said:
robr3004 said:
It Would be nice is camera manufacturer would start adding Wi-Fi right to the camera too. I mean our little cell phones have it, why not a camera. While I'm at it.....GPS would be nice too. :D

Agree 100%

They need to listen to us! :LOL2:

1, small camera
2, super long wide Zoom
3, Hi def video also(that allows you to zoom in and out while recording)
4, Waterproof to at least 10 feet(If not more)
5, Built in Wifi and GPS

Is this so hard to ask for? For Petes sake, we sent people to the moon. :LOL2:

Latest posts