2011 SwimBait Challenge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cjsuttera16 said:
So it don't matter if it's a pike or a bass as long as I use a swim bait?

Correct! As long as I can verify the lure is categorized as a "Swimbait" you should be good for an entry. And you have the required posts! :wink:

Jim said:
Exactly what I wanted to hear.......I hope this is the push for allot of guys who have always been meaning to throw them.

Thanks! :beer:

I have a few in my tackle box I hardly ever use. This will be an excuse for me to throw them too. I have a little one that looks like a baby bluegill that even I would eat!

Picked up the Prize today and purchased 2 more for myself. I am hoping my wife never reads this thread. :LOL2:

The winner of this contest will receive a Muskrat colored Muit's Mouse. This is a nice combo of Brown and Black. This is an awesome awesome color.

Picture is in the first post!

Outdoorsman said:
I am glad this contest covers all of 2011. I tried throwing a swimbait yesterday and is just skidded across the ice..... :LOL2:

Im In.....

Outdoorsman.

ROFLMBO
roflmao.gif

Now that is funny! What the heck, I'm in!

Bufford

im really excited for this contest. im waiting on my new huddleston (and trying to get those meaningful post too! im still new)

see ya on the water

I bought some storm wild eye swim shads (pearl with red eyes) at a salvage store. Thought I might try them on redfish. Haven't done it yet, but they were killer for crappie, walleye, and bass at a lake in Wisconsin I visited last summer. I left some for my father-in-law to use, and that's all they've bit for him. I bought him some more for Christmas, even some with spinners. They are really fun to fish and relatively weedless since the hook is on top.

Jim said:
Winning Prize: The Winner will receive a Brand New "Muit's Mouse" In my choice of color. They are custom painted and when I pick up the one I ordered for myself I am going to pick one up for the contest. The retail price of this Lure is $55 plus delivery. Luckily the maker of this bait is fairly local and it will give me an excuse to go to his shop and pick up the goods.

:shock: HOLY CRAP! $55.00 for a single lure!! Plus delivery? No offense Jim but WAAAAYYYY too expensive for my tastes.
Can you just imagine if you lose it somehow/someway. #-o

BloodStone said:
:shock: HOLY CRAP! $55.00 for a single lure!! Plus delivery? No offense Jim but WAAAAYYYY too expensive for my tastes.
Can you just imagine if you lose it somehow/someway. #-o

Been there done that,...How about losing a brand new Kistler Magnesium All Day flipping stick & Curado 200 with rod sock and reel cover? I used it for 5 minutes before I lost it on the ride home from the lake............

If no one ran it over, they got one heck of a combo! :LOL2:

I hear ya Jim I lost a fenwick HMG / daiwa viento that I had just paid to have the guides updated and the handle shortened during a tourney this past summer!! talk about frustrating!

Water temp should be in the 50's in the tomorrow because of the nice weather we've had the past two weeks. I'm thinking it will be a good day to throw swimbaits.

Hopefully I'll have a pic to post tomorrow evening.

poolie said:
Water temp should be in the 50's in the tomorrow because of the nice weather we've had the past two weeks. I'm thinking it will be a good day to throw swimbaits.

Hopefully I'll have a pic to post tomorrow evening.

Good luck....our hard water is almost all gone...but I've really got the bug. Might hit a river if time allows on Sunday.

Just returned from a local fishing expo and picked up some swimbaits.

They were in a "3 for $5" bargain bin. I got the two below plus some littler swimbaits on jigheads.

These two colors are the one's I actually got. They're called "Swimming Charlie." However, one was in a box with a "Joe Bucher" label on it and the other was in a "Megalure" box. I can't wait to try them!

41VTVE8NRVL.jpg

resize

FishyItch said:
Just returned from a local fishing expo and picked up some swimbaits.

They were in a "3 for $5" bargain bin. I got the two below plus some littler swimbaits on jigheads.

These two colors are the one's I actually got. They're called "Swimming Charlie." However, one was in a box with a "Joe Bucher" label on it and the other was in a "Megalure" box. I can't wait to try them!

41VTVE8NRVL.jpg

resize
megabait charlies arent too bad, ive never caught anything on one but they have a decent action.

Yeah, I can't wait to get them in the water. Like a dork (and like most of us) I've taken them out of their package already a few times to wiggle the tail and imagine myself a hungry fish. I think I mhgit be gniog cazry.

Well Well Well - the stripers are moving in right now - and they love swimbaits! I am going for at least a 40/30 this spring (40" - 30lb fish) Came close last year but only weighed up to 28lbs

Might as well give up now - i am gonna win!

Captain Ahab said:
Well Well Well - the stripers are moving in right now - and they love swimbaits! I am going for at least a 40/30 this spring (40" - 30lb fish) Came close last year but only weighed up to 28lbs

Hey Cap. what kind of gear do you use for your stripper fishing? An old friend wants to take me out on his boat for the run, but I don't know what to use

bearsphan3.14 said:
Captain Ahab said:

Hey Cap. what kind of gear do you use for your stripper fishing? An old friend wants to take me out on his boat for the run, but I don't know what to use

How are you gonna fish for them? For casting plugs and Swimbaits I use a 7 MH spinning (3500 04 4500 series reel) out fit 20lb braid and about a 7-10 foot leader. If I am chunking or drifting bait I go with a heavier outfit to handle the increased weight of the sinker

Latest posts