Starcraft Rogue 1886 project - new decks and livewell

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_beerman

Reaction score
Got the boat out of storage today and decided to take some before pictures...
0c9c60b8_600w.jpg

0d01c432_600w.jpg

0648399f_600h.jpg

e61d6b51_600w.jpg

ef6bcbe6_600w.jpg

That is an awesome boat to be starting a project with. I can't wait to see what you come up with for decking....until then I will be waiting enviously.

we're going to level off the front deck, there's a 3" step that I trip over constantly, and add a leaning post. Also going to build out a rear deck with a dual livewell and seat for my fishing buddy. I was going to build a new bench to mount the driver and passenger seats but it turns out the gun locker is the perfect size when turned on it's side. I'll post a pic later

Are you going to extend the rear deck all the way to the rear of the seats and put the gun box in between the box's that the seats are currently mounted to?

Or remove the box's that the seats are currently mounted to and use the gun box in thier place to mount the seats to?

I see what you mean about the front deck, that is kind of a weird design. You might be able to build some storage or a live well in the extensione on the front deck (if there isn't one already).

yes the rear deck will continue up to the back of the seats. that's also where the livewell will be installed. we're going to replace the current seat boxes with the bench. Can't put a livewell in the front deck, that's where the fuel tank lives. thanks

been busy coating everything in urethane...added some picts of the deck, supports, hatches and rod locker mock-up...

https://photobucket.com/1886Rogue/

resized the picts to 800x600 for viewing here...

9e572bea-1.jpg

8d709820-1.jpg

94f54e4a-1.jpg

4f1fbb26-1.jpg

getting a little nervous :? about the carpet install. I have never done this

thanks Baitcaster. It's coming along slowly but managed to get some work done this weekend...
  • battery charger installed
    hatch locks installed
    livewell installed
    fill pump mounted
    pump out fitting installed
    overflow fitting installed
    hoses connected
    pulled wires to bow for trolling motor and fishfinder
    front deck installed (almost need one more piece)
    trolling motor plug installed
    cup holders installed :D

next up is all the wiring. It's supposed to rain for the next 7 days so I'll probably wait a few weeks to install the carpet.

question about glue for you guys:

the floor is currently vinyl, I tried a test patch using Henry's outdoor glue but it peeled right off.

can I glue carpet over it? If so what kind of glue do I need? thx

Looks fantastic but please remember one thing...small enclosed spaces with fuel tanks, batteries and battery chargers can lead to explosive results on hot summer days. Protect you and your family by installing a small blower to ventilate the space on those hot days.

Sorry....was a firefighter too long and went to several "boat go boom" fires in my past caused by that problem.

Bob

Recon said:
Looks fantastic but please remember one thing...small enclosed spaces with fuel tanks, batteries and battery chargers can lead to explosive results on hot summer days. Protect you and your family by installing a small blower to ventilate the space on those hot days.

Sorry....was a firefighter too long and went to several "boat go boom" fires in my past caused by that problem.

Bob

Thanks Bob. Couple of questions for you...
the battery hatch is vented on the underside near the motor. the opening is about 2" high x 40" wide. Is that sufficient?
Also the gas tank is in the front under the deck and wasn't vented from the factory. Should I install a vent here?

Dave

Latest posts