Cajun Special 1544

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey crkdltr! Thats a good lookin boat you have. I recently re-did a 16' Cajun my self. Take a look at my mod and you can see start to finish. You might find some inspiration in there. Good luck and post plenty of pics!!

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16164

I used 2x2's and 15/32nds plywood to extend my front deck out. My Alumacraft 1542 just had a little seat up front. Now I have a nice little deck thats big enough to put a bass style seat and trolling motor on. I also have a lid that opens up to use as storage underneath. Its the "Swamp Sled" thread.https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17299&start=25

If your good with aluminum I would use that instead of wood, but for me wood was cheaper and easier to work with. It worked out great and is plenty sturdy and doesn't weigh that much. I am 205lbs and can walk around on it without worry.

I love the design of your boat. I wish I had thge tall transom on mine.

You will be able to put a 100hp motor on that transom now! You really beefed it up with the laminated 1.5 inches of sealed ply. Not that it needed it with 4 knee braces. That is one tough boat already and you made it even stronger.

Lookin good, cant wait to see that front deck!

Keep the pics comin this is a really cool tin boat! I had never heard of Cajun brand boats until I found this website.

reedjj said:
You will be able to put a 100hp motor on that transom now! You really beefed it up with the laminated 1.5 inches of sealed ply. Not that it needed it with 4 knee braces. That is one tough boat already and you made it even stronger.

Lookin good, cant wait to see that front deck!

Keep the pics comin this is a really cool tin boat! I had never heard of Cajun brand boats until I found this website.

I can't remember if the plate said it's rated for 70hp or 90hp, I want to say the latter since using the formula it comes out to 90 hp.

If that's the case, I'd love to get my hands on an 88hp OMC. :LOL2:

Nothing new done as of yet. I did score a nice deal on a trolling motor and used bimini top.

bimini.jpg

Picked this up off Craigslist for $100. Having to order a universal/swivel type top mount since my gunwales are angled but the measurement from gunwale to gunwale is 71" and the width of this bimini is 73". I think it's a 48" tall model too so looks like I'll be able to stand up with it up. =D>

I also picked up a Minn Kota Endura c2, new, for $179 at the local sports store, and found they have a $25 mail in rebate for that model. It's a transom mount hand control. Even more exciting is that it looks like I can use the custom fab'd bow mount bracket, screw in some 2x4's and can use this transom mount off the bow. =D>

Everythings starting to come together. I hope I can get her on the water this Sunday for a shake down, if not then the following Sunday for sure. :D

Nice lookin build you got going. I like the fact that you saved the old stuff and reused it, good money saving tactic. Can't wait to see the end product.

Latest posts