Buster's 1966 14' Foremost

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the truth. I built a Harley about a year ago and I'm still coming up with different things to do to it. Same with this boat. I almost get one thing done with it and I already have more ideas. The floor is not the last.....got more ideas....lol

Floor finished!!!! But more to come...ha ha ha

Attachments

• 100_1515.JPG
    100_1515.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 2,443
  • 100_1514.JPG
    100_1514.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,443
  • 100_1502.JPG
    100_1502.JPG
  • 100_1501.JPG
    100_1501.JPG
Thanks! It did turn out better than I thought. I can fit 6 or 8 rods in the floor. I wish it was finished but the further I go the more ideas I have!

The wife lost a bigger one!

Attachments

• 100_1521.JPG
    100_1521.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,163
Here we go again! Cut out bench for battery storage and tackle tray storage.

Attachments

• 100_1530.JPG
    100_1530.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,369
Finished! Maybe?

Attachments

• 100_1531.JPG
    100_1531.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,368
  • 100_1533.JPG
    100_1533.JPG
  • 100_1534.JPG
    100_1534.JPG
Hi, nice job on the Foremost. Just picked one up almost exactly like that one. I was just wondering how steady it is on the water with the front floor raised to bench height? Are there alot of rocking going on? Thanks

Chris

well done! It looks great.... I just picked up a 1974 Starcraft today. It looks just like yours and I have similiar plans for it. Since I'm new, I want to keep it simple but make it look nice and clean. I was wondering how much you spent on materials so I have an idea of what I'm getting into. The boat came with a nice trailer that looks fairly new, evinrude 9.5 that runs but needs tuned up, minnkota 17lb trolling motor mounted on the bow, hummingbird fish finder (older model but works), lights, anchor, and all the small things you need. I paid $500 for it. The man got it from a relative so he didn't have much in it. It sounded like a good deal so I bought it on impulse and thought it would be a good project..... I love this site!! So many ideas! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Boat 2.jpg
    Boat 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,175
  • Boat.jpg
    Boat.jpg
    706.7 KB · Views: 1,175
I can rock it back and forth...and it's stable. No problems!

bbarbee said:
I can rock it back and forth...and it's stable. No problems!

I have an aluminum 12ft v-hull that I was thinking about remodeling like yours. I've never put a deck in a boat before. Is there a prefered height for the front deck for optimum stability?

Fenwick said:
I have an aluminum 12ft v-hull that I was thinking about remodeling like yours. I've never put a deck in a boat before. Is there a prefered height for the front deck for optimum stability?

12' maybe too short. Read this first:
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9074

Stand on the front seat (carefully) and see how stable it is. You may just want to keep your modification a bit lower, or it may work out just fine.

On my boat mod I plan on putting in a casting deck. Do I need to use marine grade plywood or can I use something else? As for the carpet, can I use indoor/outdoor carpet from Home Depot/Lowes or do I need to purchase marine carpet from Bass Pro Shop/Cabelas/Boaters World/etc? I see you used wood bracing. If you could redo it, would you still use the wood or would you use metal angle bracing? Nice mod. :D

Aluminum is expensive. I did wood just to save money. I do wish I would have used 2x2's instead of 2x4's. But the 2x4's got the deck to the height I wanted it. I did use marine grade plywood and coated it with fiberglass resin. I also got my carpet from lowes again for the money savings but with that said the carpet from lowes is decent carpet.

How much did you spend on the project? I'm thinking of buying a boat like this, fixing it up, and then selling. So I'd like to know about how much I'd be spending. Thank you. :)

Latest posts