2011 Jig fishing challenge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great now i just need to get my back better i have been out of work for a week now still in pain

this sux

It's by no means a monster but it was my 1st fish of the year. Caught on an electric blue jig with half of a watermelon baby brush hog (it's the only thing I had that I could use for a trailer haha!)

Attachments

• jig fish.jpg
    jig fish.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,129
I am ready, all I have been throwing so far this year has been jigs. Well yesterday I got about 15 bass on a spinnerbait...but I will be back to jigs asap. I have only been throwing jigs with confidence for a year now, but I love swinging hard and sinking the jig into a toad.

PS Jim's jigs are sweet, I stole, I mean borrowed, some from Ahab last year and caught a bunch of fish on them. The hooks are super sharp and strong. You just need a rattle on them Jim :lol:

S&MFISH said:
Jim said:
S&MFISH said:
Jim, I'm lost here. Does this contest run until Labor Day or the end of the year?

End of Labor day weekend.

Thanks Jim. This should be a challenge for me since I not much of a jiggin' kinda guy.

same here man, same here. I catch them on the jig, but I have no confidence in it. I still have not gotten the "feel" and "Tick" on the line people keep talking about.

Jim said:
same here man, same here. I catch them on the jig, but I have no confidence in it. I still have not gotten the "feel" and "Tick" on the line people keep talking about.

Gotta be a line watcher with jigs. Many times the larger bass will simply suck the jig into their mouth and start swimming off. You're only clue is that it feels like your jig got hung on something and you notice your line moving away. No 'tick', no feel, no nothing...

Just the though makes me want to fain sickness, leave work and go fishing.

fender66 said:
poolie said:

You are looking kind of puny right now. You sure you feel okay? :mrgreen:

At least the office is closed Friday... three guesses where I'll be.

poolie said:
fender66 said:
poolie said:

You are looking kind of puny right now. You sure you feel okay? :mrgreen:

At least the office is closed Friday... three guesses where I'll be.

Ditto! I'll be investigating new waters with my daughter all day Friday. Might even stay the night...that's undecided right now. Guess we'll see what the weather brings.

Got this one back in February. 3.5lbs, caught on a Watermelon Red Buckeye Mop Jig 3/8oz. This was my first jig fish this year, the others werent picture worthy.

Attachments

• jig2photo.JPG
    jig2photo.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 944
  • jigphoto.JPG
    jigphoto.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 944
Sounds like fun to me, I'm in. I'm not a great jig man by any chance but i will give it a go.

Awww man! I caught a 3-pounder two weeks ago on a 1/2 oz jig. It was my first time to try one. Didn't even think to take a picture. Bounced it off a tree and wham! Nothing subtle about it. I think I'm hooked!

Does more than one fish/picture add to your number of entries into the lottery or is it one entry per person just curious?

bAcKpAiN said:
Does more than one fish/picture add to your number of entries into the lottery or is it one entry per person just curious?

Every Picture submitted equals one entry into the lottery. All entries will be added to the Hat program and a random winner picked. The more pictures obviously means more entries.

Catch lots :)

Hook sets are free...set the hook on everything until you get the feel for it. Nothing like setting the hook on a weed and having a 1/2oz jig fly by your head. :LOL2:

My biggest bass was caught on a spinnerbait, all of my other 5+ pound bass have been on a jig.

Latest posts