2011 Trash Pick Up Challenge - WINNER IS FISH DEVIL!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one100grand

Reaction score
Hey Guys, so sorry for the slow response on the winner for this contest. Things have been absolutely crazy in my life lately, but hopefully everything is even keel again. Fish Devil - shoot me a message with your favorite JD Baits and I'll get em sent out to you ASAP.
Thanks everyone for participating, I plan on running this again next year, so keep picking up trash!

Hey everybody, I'm totally knocking off the challenge formats from the Jig & Swimbait challenges, but with a different concept.

Last autumn, I started becoming more and more concerned with the amount of trash I see on and around the water. I'm starting to carry an empty trash bag with me and plan on spending some time picking up trash every time I hit the water - I thought I'd try to encourage others to do the same. It's to all of our benefit to reduce the amount of garbage in the water, and I thought a contest would be a great way to get people starting the habit.

Here's how it's going to work - post a picture of yourself/kids/spouse picking up trash on the water or a bag that you picked up on a trip - each trip is an entry (so if you take 3 pics on 1 trip, it's 1 entry - I'm trusting everyone to be honest -after all it's in the member karma forum). I'm going to use the randomnumber.org generator used in the other contests to pick a winner. All you have to do to enter is post here that you're in and then post pics of you picking up trash. The contest ends at 11:59 pm eastern time on Labor Day, with a winner to be announced the next day or so.

I wanted to try to pick a prize that appealed to everyone, so I was thinking of a gift card originally, but I settled on purchasing you 3 bags of your favorite JD Baits (assuming Denny isn't too busy).

The prizes and rules can change at any point - hey, you're not paying anything to enter to win free stuff, so don't complain if stuff changes; I promise I'll try to keep the prize at least a similar value.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

As an edit, if Denny wins, I'll figure out an alternative prize for him - not exactly fair to give him that prize, since I'm pretty sure he gets a good discount on JD Baits...

Cool!!! There won't be any extra effort done by me to do this. I pick up trash almost everytime I go fishing. Ya, know, just trying to leave it better than I found it. I'm definitly in on this one.

My biggest hope is that this becomes a habit for everyone - I've placed a "trash can" next to one of my usual spots and it's very rewarding to go down there and see it full of trash. I'm thinking of trying to get something started with DGIF to see if they'd start some sort of call to action to start a project like this, but I'd like to see how tinboats does first.

I always pick up trash when I am out. Been doing it since I was in Boy Scouts and since I am now a leader, it just do what I expect of the Scouts.

I will just have to remember to take pics of the trash now.

Great contest. I also pick up all the crap left behind by other people when I am bank fishing. It amazes me how much fishing line is left everywhere.

Got skunked fishing today, but did pick up about half a 5 gal. bucket of trash. This next one up I got almost a full bag of trash while at a friends lake.

Attachments

• rsz_trash_001.jpg
    rsz_trash_001.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 4,614
  • rsz_trash_fish_002.jpg
    rsz_trash_fish_002.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 4,530
Awesome contest! What a great idea

I will also add 3 bags of JD Bait to this for a '2nd" place (or 2nd picked) person

lswoody said:
Got skunked fishing today, but did pick up about half a 5 gal. bucket of trash.

As long as you did something positive, I'd never count it as getting skunked! We went out for a couple of hours tonight, saw lots of gar spawning, didn't catch any fish, but picked up a great big bag of trash. I had a great time and some other folks noticed what we were doing & thanked us - hopefully they follow the example and start picking stuff up themselves.

Went fishing on Sat. We caught 9 or 10 and had a great day. Did not see even one piece of trash on the water and nothing around the boat ramp. I still just do not know what to say.

huntinfool said:
Went fishing on Sat. We caught 9 or 10 and had a great day. Did not see even one piece of trash on the water and nothing around the boat ramp. I still just do not know what to say.

That's terrific! I wish I could say the same, but unfortunately the folks around here don't seem to care much about keeping the water nice.

Come on guys, we need to drum up interest in picking up trash! I don't think anybody is really reading this - we've got 2 prizes going and even Jim said he'd kick stuff in!!!

one100grand said:
Come on guys, we need to drum up interest in picking up trash! I don't think anybody is really reading this - we've got 2 prizes going and even Jim said he'd kick stuff in!!!

Hey....I'm in for sure...but I haven't been fishing since this thread started. Hitting the water this weekend though for 3 days.

:twisted: I always make it a habit to pick up trash on every trip out on the water. My club also has a clean up every year at Rainbow Lake in South Jersey. Here's some trash from about two months ago......

Attachments

• 040211x17.jpg
    040211x17.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,402
im in I have done this for years and have my son's on the same page,my 9 year old actually asked a guy one time trying to leave his garbage if he would "please pick up what you bring in" it shocked the guy and I wasn't sure how it was gonna end up but the guy did pick his stuff up and we have ran into him a few times and he always says hi and waves :wink:

havent hit the water since the post, but i live right around the corner froma mcdonalds and there is alway crap in my yard :evil: is it illegal to shoot someone leaving crap in your yard? or how about ethical???? :D :D

Latest posts