2011 Trash Pick Up Challenge - WINNER IS FISH DEVIL!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BOB350RX said:
havent hit the water since the post, but i live right around the corner froma mcdonalds and there is alway crap in my yard :evil: is it illegal to shoot someone leaving crap in your yard? or how about ethical???? :D :D

Unfortunately it's illegal...ethically speaking, I'm not exactly sure...

That's cool, one of the games we play on the river is grabbing the styrofoam worm cups out of the water on the fly. :shock:

lswoody said:
Got skunked fishing today, but did pick up about half a 5 gal. bucket of trash. This next one up I got almost a full bag of trash while at a friends lake.
This big bag is what I picked up along the river shores while camping this past weekend. This next one up, I almost got a full small bag of trash while fishing this small lake near my work. Went to a friend's lake today after work and picked up this half bag of trash. I had another bag that was full but before I could get it in the pic with this bag, my buddy got it. Got this big walmart bag full when I fished a lake close to the house.

Attachments

• rsz_june_camping_001.jpg
    rsz_june_camping_001.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,364
  • rsz_b_trash_008.jpg
    rsz_b_trash_008.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,357
  • rsz_troy_001.jpg
    rsz_troy_001.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,355
  • rsz_june_25th_2011_004.jpg
    rsz_june_25th_2011_004.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,354
lswoody said:
lswoody said:
Got skunked fishing today, but did pick up about half a 5 gal. bucket of trash. This next one up I got almost a full bag of trash while at a friends lake.
This big bag is what I picked up along the river shores while camping this past weekend.

=D> =D> =D>

woody is running away with this one early!

Looking for a few more photos guys and gals - I know everyone picks up some trash at there fav. lake, pond river or ocean - let us know about it and get some cool prizes

First one ,there will be more Im sure ,he isnt happy about "lazy people that are dumb" as you can see , we filled up 2 bags this was the first

Attachments

• IMG_1612.JPG
    IMG_1612.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 1,345
Right after church service let out tonite, I ran to a nearby lake and thought for sure I'd catch some fish but didn't, but I did pick up a good bit of trash. This next pic up, I got this bag of trash while on a camping trip Fri evening/ Sat. This 3rd pic from the bottom is what I picked up on the river bank before we casted off for a 6 hr float/fish trip on the river yesterday.

Attachments

• rsz_ct_001.jpg
    rsz_ct_001.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 2,546
  • rsz_july_camping_trip_016.jpg
    rsz_july_camping_trip_016.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2,538
  • rsz_float_trip_001.jpg
    rsz_float_trip_001.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 2,533
I thought I'd post this to encourage everyone. I took my nephew out on Friday and we didn't catch anything...unfortunately I forgot to bring a bag, but someone thoughtfully left their plastic bag as trash, so I filled it up and we hauled it away. I can definitely tell the difference that I haven't been down there in a while, the trash has piled up like nobody's business.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,542
Walked about a mile of my favorite water last night walking the boat up through some widow makers (lots of aluminum on the boulders). Picked up this junk along my path.

DSC00999.jpg

I did see a big water heater in a deeper hole but it was too heavy, I think it was full of mud or sand.

Jamie

WTG guys - keep it up!

I think we make a TinBoats Trash Pick up weekend and see who can collect the most

Extra points for trash picks carried in a boat!

I've been doing this for a while. Its amazing the piles I pick up. But it's a great feeling leaving an area clean.

Keep it up!

Or should I say pick it up...

Mark said:
I've been doing this for a while. Its amazing the piles I pick up. But it's a great feeling leaving an area clean.

Keep it up!

Or should I say pick it up...

Take some pics Mark, you have a pretty darn good chance to win something!

I too have for years carried a trash bag and cleaned up wherever I am fishing... I once got permission from a gentlleman that saw what I was doing to fish his private lake. It was a great spot and I always shared my catch with him...That was many years ago but my point being you never know what good will come of your effort...Our Missouri Clean Stream groups do a great job and any of you from Mo that aren't already hooked up with them should give them some help.
Peace
ron

Yesterday's haul from the river bottom, a Sheakespeare 1905 reel and a Rayovac flashlight, both in 4' of water. =D>

DSC01079.jpg

Jamie

Latest posts