Resurrecting a 1652 MonArk

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GaBassin said:
I cant wait to see the progress of the boat. This is the same boat I have. If I can figure it out I will upload the pictures from my modification. Good luck and enjoy.

I would love to see someone else doing the same boat I have. See if great minds really do think alike. 8) Uploading pictures isn't that hard, just time consuming. Getting feedback just motivates you to keep going. Knowing that the photographic evidence of your accomplishments and mistakes is out there for the world to see makes you want to keep on doing it right. And, I'm still having a blast doing this. I'm so close to actually getting started on the boat, it makes my mouth water.

fender66 said:
Dang.....project looks great. Your injury made things inside of me hurt. Have no idea what that was either...just hurt. :shock: Hope you heal fast.

Thanks for the compliment. The thumb is all healed up. Just real tender and itches constantly. When I first did it, I actually expected it to be broken. The funny/embarrassing thing is... Right before I did it to myself, the thought crossed my mind: "You should probably put those leather gloves back on." :idea: :oops: #-o ](*,) Maybe someday I'll be smart enough to use power tools. [-o<

I'll have to tell you, I'm really enjoying following you along with your progression. Wish I was there to help... You have been doing a great job. I can't wait to see and read about your experiences with the boat itself. Do you know when your gonna start on it? Or when your gonna start posting again? I'm sure the finger is completely healed by now. LOL Good luck and thanks again for all that you are doing to help everyone out there have a better understanding and "guide" to the How To's of Resurrecting an old classic boat like the "1652" MonArk.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Amazing. Everything looks very well thought out and you have a great eye for detail. Great job and thanks for all the pics.

Nice job. Love the blue. Did you take the leaf springs apart prior to painting? If not, how were you able to clean them up?

hueydr said:
Nice job. Love the blue. Did you take the leaf springs apart prior to painting? If not, how were you able to clean them up?

Left the leaf springs as they were. Hit them with rusty metal primer and sprayed them in place. My thinking is that they are underneath the trailer which in turn is underneath the boat. In that location, I'm just gonna let function take priority over appearance.

Thanks for the compliments. Had to kind of set the boat to the side for the summer to work on a big maintenance project at the house, then plans and preparations for live-in mom-in-law's 85th birthday. Every in-law I have was at our house last week. We had a blast! Now that we are out of the 110 degree plus days and you don't get blasted by heat just stepping out the door, the paint scraping has begun. I'll post more pics when she's shiny. Hopefully, I'll get primer and paint on her before true cold weather (for Texas) sets in.

Again, many thanks for the compliments.

Larry

No real progress to speak of. :oops: Had it parked under the shed in the back yard through the holidays. Excuses include a big time change with my job, holidays, multiple projects around the house and the usual family responsibilities. Of course, my personal laziness has nothing to do with lack of progress. :roll: Got it back around to the garage last week, so HOPEFULLY I will get back to scraping paint within the next week or so.

Bringing up an old topic here... Just curious of any progress that might have been made..? I have the exact same model and year Mon Ark boat, so this thread has definitely piqued my interest...

Awesome looking trailer!! Very nice and detailed work! Thanks for the pics!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318003#p318003 said:
MattAttack85 » 08 Jun 2013, 23:09[/url]"]Bringing up an old topic here... Just curious of any progress that might have been made..? I have the exact same model and year Mon Ark boat, so this thread has definitely piqued my interest...

Awesome looking trailer!! Very nice and detailed work! Thanks for the pics!

Paint is about 98% gone from the boat, finally. Have a long awaited demotion coming up at work, effective July 1st, which will mean regular scheduled hours, fewer hours spent on the job and, effectively, a pay raise (when you look at the actual hours spent on the job). That will give me back a lot of hours in my day.
I'm definitely ready to get back to the boat. First, all I have to do is finish a bedroom remodel for the Mrs., keep up with the lawn, have a yard sale, etc, etc, etc. :?

I ain't done yet, and neither is the boat. Pics will be coming.

I see this is your first post. I would love to see pics of your boat, too. There doesn't seem to be many of the 1652 MonArks around and I'm always looking for good ideas to steal.

Latest posts