2011 SwimBait Challenge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim I live in Okeechobee which is on the north point of the lake. yea if you come down hit me up and I will show you some good fishing spots.

Fender I am using a Kodak Play Sport Zx3 Video camera. It is a 1080p HD video camera that is waterproof up to 10'. I make videos for youtube and I just took these images out of my video. I keep the camera on a homemade hat cam i made.

I have been watching this thread since I am a swimbait fanatic and noticed it has really slowed down the past fifteen days or so. I don't want in the contest but just want to show they will still eat swimbaits late in the summer and keep things interesting on the thread. Here is a video of four of around twenty swimbait fish I caught a few weeks ago. And here are photos of two double digit fish from last Sunday. I only caught one of those fish on a swimbait but used a swimbait to find one of them when I got a big follower and came back later and caught it on a worm. https://youtu.be/AslF-coi_Sc

[youtube]v/AslF-coi_Sc?version=3">[/youtube]

Attachments

• 100_3362.JPG
    100_3362.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,552
  • 100_3379.JPG
    100_3379.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,552
Questions from the vid...

Fish #1 : You swing and miss, reel in a few times then hook the fish. Was the swing and miss a fish or grass?

Fish #2 : Looks like you change your retrieve right before hooking the fish by pumping the reel handle a few times. Did you feel a bite before hooking that fish?

Just curious about how often a swimbait bite occurs but doesn't hookup on the first attempt. I assume the mood of the fish, the lure, etc... play a part in that, but I feel like I need to get better at catching the fish that hit the bait but don't commit afterwards.

On most of those fish I was fishing uphill and the bait would find the bottom or grass in the zone where the fish should strike the bait. When I got there I would mix up the speed of the bait to trigger strikes. All the fish ate the bait on the first attempt and ate it good. On the last fish there was a hard bottom, probably a big rock, area I could feel when the bait bumped it. I figured out I could get strikes from ripping the bait as hard as I could when I got to this area. I caught four on back to back casts after I moved up closer and anchored. The fish actually strikes at the very end of the rip when the bait stops and I have to reel down to catch back up and set the hook.

If you wanna catch the big ones like Randall. The first step is "you cant be afraid to loose the bait" If you are, your never gonna get them, unless your lucky of course.

Storm Wildeye Swim Shad.
303520_2154291291637_1077078176_2464335_2933766_n.jpg

Latest posts