Front Deck Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! Now time to catch some fish.

One suggestion here. Your trailer needs a bit of attention. It is a bit too short for the boat. Here is why that is important. Especially once you get an outboard, a large majority of the weight is pressing down on the transom, or at least, it is close, with your stern battery and such. So, unless the bunks extend past the transom, the boat may develop a bit of a hook in the bottom shape. A flat bottom is especially prone to this, due to its shape. Extending the bunks that far probably wouldn't help that much, as the wood will flex with the boat.

Probably are going to wanna extend that tongue a bit. Do those trailers in a box have a bolted on tongue? If so, you just need to get a longer piece of steel, paint it, drill a couple holes, and bolt it on. Most steelyards will cut it to your exact dimensions.

Waterwings said:
Wow, fantastic job! 8)

I noticed a license plate on the trailer :?: . Jefferson County requiring those for boat trailers now?

Thanks, no license isn't required in KY unless traveling out of state I'm planning on visiting some southern indiana lakes.

bassboy1 said:
Looks great! Now time to catch some fish.

Probably are going to wanna extend that tongue a bit. Do those trailers in a box have a bolted on tongue? If so, you just need to get a longer piece of steel, paint it, drill a couple holes, and bolt it on. Most steelyards will cut it to your exact dimensions.

Yup its all bolt together, I'm going to do exactly what you talk about here. Just need to find source for steel I need.

The boat looks very professional. Quick question non decking related...You said you had no pickup to get plywood with and I am assuming that you would be pulling it with one of the cars in the background. I just sold my truck and bought a car with a 4banger in it and am planning on pulling my 12ft v hull with it but i am a bit worried how it will pull. How does yours do or anybody elses with a car pulling it? My trailer has the same 4.80x8 tires and i would guess its about the same length as your boat is longer than mine.

gvguwec said:
The boat looks very professional. Quick question non decking related...You said you had no pickup to get plywood with and I am assuming that you would be pulling it with one of the cars in the background. I just sold my truck and bought a car with a 4banger in it and am planning on pulling my 12ft v hull with it but i am a bit worried how it will pull. How does yours do or anybody elses with a car pulling it? My trailer has the same 4.80x8 tires and i would guess its about the same length as your boat is longer than mine.

I pull my boat and other things with my 2000 toyota camry 4 cyl. Its rated towing max of 2000 pounds. It tows the boat with no problem. Some 4 banger fwd cars don't have a towing rating the camrys/accords still do.

Thanks PBW. I have a saturn with a 2.2l its rated for 1000 only but I know my little boat only weighs a couple hundred pounds. I havnt hooked it up yet to a car so I was still a little leary.

Looks great man! I'm getting ready to start my conversion this weekend and I will be stealing most of your ideas. :lol: I will be doing something very similiar to your conversion on my boat.

Okay finishing up some loose end tomorrow morning its going to "NOT RAIN" for a few hours I'm going to run to local lake and give her a "SEA" Trial.

Front seat mount installed.
normal_jboat_001.jpg

normal_jboat_002.jpg

Now I need tomorrow to come. I'll post some videos of her floating in the water and hopefully running down the lake with the 5 hp.

See my fishing report of Taylorsville lake flooded!

Went to McNeely to try out the boat it worked great. I took my 2nd battery to use for testing best placement. I may remove the small one and just use the monster large one in the photos. Current battery is under the front deck I'm going to post these new wiring photos soon.

( Didn't get to try the outboard, this lake is electric only)
(front seat is way too high! I have yet to return it to bps, the lowest setting I can't touch my feet on the decking and I'm 6 ft tall!)

normal_jboat_026.jpg

normal_jboat_027.jpg

normal_jboat_016.jpg

normal_jboat_017.jpg

normal_jboat_018.jpg

normal_jboat_020.jpg

normal_jboat_022.jpg

normal_jboat_023.jpg

The front seat does sit high, dosen't it. Any other boats out there today? I'm still planning on fishing McNeely come warm weather. How's the trailer parking area. Plenty of room to turn around if needed?

43* here today and windy again.

Boat looks great! 8)

Waterwings said:
The front seat does sit high, dosen't it. Any other boats out there today? I'm still planning on fishing McNeely come warm weather. How's the trailer parking area. Plenty of room to turn around if needed?

43* here today and windy again.

Boat looks great! 8)

One other person on mcneely they were cat fishing.

They can park about 15-20 car/truck with trailer. I can turn my car around easy. They have a drive thru system for larger cars/boats.

Most excellent job :D

I like the silver edges(trim), nice touch.

question on the anchor buddy, the mount on the transom, secure?
what I mean is I would worry about hauling it and that sucker commen loose or worse. If it is that good I just might look into invetsing in one also.

man sweet job, hate to see it get dirty huh :lol:

Latest posts