2011 BYOB Labor Day Fishing Tournament! Winner is Fender66!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going out right after work. If I get skunked, can I just take a picture of a quarter? I might have to cheat and snag another shad or two.

fish devil said:
:twisted: I totally missed out on this one. My first time logging on in a few days. #-o
Hey, you can still get out tonight! But if you can't, don't worry. I'd like to have another before it gets too cold.

No luck for me. I took the girls down to the lake for a bit this afternoon, but the attention spans were short today. They ended up playing at the park, but they did decide on their own to pick up the trash around the equipment.

IMAG0079.jpg
here you go. 16" smallmouth. caught this morning. the pic didnt come out of the ruler well, as i was by myself and he/she wanted back in.

Attachments

• smallmouth 9-5-2011.jpg
    smallmouth 9-5-2011.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,547
Went today to improve on my 13"er. Together my partner and I landed 4 keeper bass, but the biggest was 16" - we both missed some really big fish - one hit the spinnerbait so hard it jerked the rod down (and butt up) and it bruised my ribcage - but there was no hookup :x He caught one that had some Super big swirls, but he couldn't keep it up and it buried him in the weeds and got off.

Fun contest! Gave me a good reason to get out!

Gave it a shot today but wind and cold rain made my attempt a short one. Only hooked one bass on a drop shot rig in 15 FOW. Felt like a pretty good one but didnt stay on long. 7" worms catch big bass :mrgreen: Still had fun trying.

Went fishing last night on a mission. 1 hour, 3 rods,3 different tehniques. I wish it was a sunfish tournament, i w ould of won. I did get a massive blow up on the swimbait, but in typical fashion I wiffed on the hook set. I was jot expecting it at all. Repeated casts to the same area yielded nothing.

I really wanted to participate, but Tropical Storm Lee had other plans for me. We went north to avoid it, but I didn't even take a rod. Maybe next time. Love seeing the reports though. Congrats to the winner.

I fished this spot - on this lake at least 4 times for this tournament. I know there are big bass there

I managed about 6-8 10-13" bass nothing more

This morning - I went back

1 day late

22" +/- 6lbs

100_4271.jpg

Captain Ahab said:
I fished this spot - on this lake at least 4 times for this tournament. I know there are big bass there

I managed about 6-8 10-13" bass nothing more

This morning - I went back

1 day late

22" +/- 6lbs

100_4271.jpg

That photo says it was taken Feb. 2nd, 2004. If you're gonna cheat.....at least crop out the date. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

I had to put new batteries in the camera - that is the default date I guess?

Of all things - I caught this on a senko poured by site owner Jim many years ago when he 1st started TinBoats

I have one left - let the bidding begin

Way to go Fender66! Your fish was the longest, so you win the 2011 Build Your Own Baits Labor Day Fishing Tournament! Please PM me your address, and I'll get the topwater bait out this week. Thanks to everyone who participated!

Matt

fender66 said:
Just got back from the little lake about 10 minutes from my house. It was so good to get out again, and to make it even better, my wife went with me. If I didn't catch fish...it still would have been a wonderful night with her.

BUT.....I did catch fish. Got three of them on a tequila sunrise power worm. First fish was just under 13 inches and the second was right at 14 1/2 inches....then about 20 minutes before we left I had to hit one more spot and landed this baby. Not the biggest I've pulled from this lake, but I don't see them this size often in this lake. She was just over 17 inches and weighed in at 3.97 lb..

Here's the pic with the quarter. Might go back out tomorrow if the weather is nice cause I lost a couple others that I'd like to catch. Don't think they were as big as this one though.

Good luck guys. I sure would like that BYOB prize though. :mrgreen:

Edit with additions from today:

Today I went back out to the same lake. Fished about 4 1/2 hours...maybe 5??? Caught 5 fish in that time. Three smaller LM in the 10-12 inch range. One in the 14 in range and also this one. (See top picture in post. THIS IS MY FINAL FISH SUBMISSION FOR THIS CONTEST and my quarter is in the picture.) Thought it was nearly the same length of the one I caught/submitted last night until I just now compared the photos. This one is nearly a half inch longer than yesterday's fish. I tried to weigh it, but my battery was dead today and the scale kept turning off. I'm guessing it's right around the same weight. Definitely longer, but I think just a bit thinner. Today was totally different than last night. The tequila sunrise worm didn't lure a bass today at all so after a little over an hour, I switched to my black and blue worm. Within 5 or 6 casts I caught my first LM today. Stuck with that for a long time and caught a total of 4 LM on it. I was really getting tired of the bluegill tearing them up though and the bass seemed to have stopped wanting it so I switched to a red shad worm. After about 8 or 10 minutes I caught the big one. This guy really was text book worm fishing. When it hit, it wasn't a hard hit and I knew it wasn't bluegill because it wasn't the "machine gun" action I'd been getting. After about the third twitch, I set the hook so hard I nearly lost my balance. He put up a good fight but I still won. Really was one of the best 2 visits I've had on this lake in the 2 years I've fished it. I just wish I could catch fish in this lake on something other than plastic worms. I won't complain though. I seem to have it somewhat figured out. (I'm sure that will jinx me now)

Again...good luck guys.

Wow.....thanks Matt. I'm honored and can't wait to throw that lure. Thanks also for a great contest. I really didn't think I had a chance with this lake, but for a change, it produced for me, and two days in a row.

Congrats to all that did participate. Make it much more fun IMHO.

Fender -pick one more BYOB lure on me (just pick up some trash) and let me know so I can send the $

Congrats =D> =D> =D>

Congrats! Did I hear you won with an all electric setup - maybe you'll want to keep it that way - it seems to be working for you ;)

Latest posts